1973 Duster Need Lots Of Help

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
This is my first car I am 16 and Just bought this car for $1050
my dad use to have this same car I am going to do a semi restoration
but this will be a slow proses keep checking beck because I will have lots of questions.

Car info

1973 Plymouth Duster 2 door
225 1bbr with 3 speed tranny

The front seat is sad and torn the rear sear and door panels are perfect the car has only surface rust in the trunk that's the only rust motor runs good

firstcar001.jpg

firstcar002.jpg

firstcar003.jpg

duster001.jpg

duster002.jpg

duster003.jpg

duster004.jpg

duster005.jpg

duster006.jpg

duster007.jpg

duster010.jpg

duster012.jpg

duster013.jpg

duster014.jpg

duster015.jpg

duster016.jpg

duster020.jpg

duster021.jpg

duster023.jpg

duster024.jpg

duster025.jpg

duster026.jpg

Here a short vid

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/rccrawlerboy/?action=view&current=duster017.mp4

Welcome and congratulations on finding a very nice Duster for your first car!! You're a very lucky 'kid.' Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Welcome aboard. There are quite a few Georgia folks on here, I live just below Macon myself.
I think you got quite a good deal on the car. Looks and sounds like a great starting point.
C

nice start. i know i'd rather have upholstery issues than body issues anyday. good luck, take your time, & stick with it.

Nice 1st car!

It seems like yesterday (1997) I bought my 1st car....74 Duster 318 auto/buckets/console
What memories and good times I had with it!.....but how foolish I was to sell it :pale:....my wife reassures me everything happens for a reason...so..:farao:

On to your concerns..

SBP lasted till 74' with the Non-Power Assist brake /6 A-bodies.

Your setup will be 5x4" Small Bolt Pattern

Disc Brake A-bodies with Power Assist had the 5x4.5" Large Bolt Pattern and got the Big Upper Ball Joint Control Arms as well....so order the small bolt pattern stuff.

Best of luck... keep oil in her and air in the tires and she wont let you down.

Nice 1st car!

It seems like yesterday (1997) I bought my 1st car....74 Duster 318 auto/buckets/console
What memories and good times I had with it!.....but how foolish I was to sell it :pale:....my wife reassures me everything happens for a reason...so..:farao:

On to your concerns..

SBP lasted till 74' with the Non-Power Assist brake /6 A-bodies.

Your setup will be 5x4" Small Bolt Pattern

Disc Brake A-bodies with Power Assist had the 5x4.5" Large Bolt Pattern and got the Big Upper Ball Joint Control Arms as well....so order the small bolt pattern stuff.

Best of luck... keep oil in her and air in the tires and she wont let you down.

it think it is 4.5 lug pattern it has all drum brakes but power steering

Welcome and nice car! I would pay to have the trunk cleaned up before I started on anything else, this way you have everything other than the floor board ready for paint. (plus you prevent any major rust issues that may develop, there is nothing like driving down a gravel road and having your car fill up with the dust.)

Well here is my budget so far​

I have 890 dollars for stuff for my car

Front end parts/u-joints/bushing---175 dollars

Front end alignment----50 dollars

Oil Pan gasket----20 dollars

Window and trunk weather striping----50 dollars

AirShocks---65 dollars

Dual hood Scopes----169 dollars

Rear wheels----202 Dollars (not including Wheels center caps and trim rings)

The leaves me with----159 dollars for other stuff

The only other stuff I will need is this

Front wheels----200 dollars (not including center caps and trim rings)

Trim Rings(4)---100 dollars

Center caps(4)---124 dollars

Front Bucket seats-----???

Paint/strip decal kit-----???

The Sway Bar and Radiator are on there way here

NIce car, better off than mine, it was a 1972 dodge charger rt, had it for two years, got tired of fixing it up and then sold it and used the money to buy my current car, a 1967 dodge dart gt with a 440 and a clutch flite 727

Nice solid car. Look forward with your progress.

-
Back