1974 AMX Javelin

-
"I wonder if it came with a dust shield?"
The dust shield :drama:
IMG_6688.jpg

That is awesome :) I love AMCs... i wish i still had my rebel or my sisters rebel... :( The 74 uses a mopar trans doesn't it? mine was a '67 and it had a FMX or something.. it was horrific

That is awesome :) I love AMCs... i wish i still had my rebel or my sisters rebel... :( The 74 uses a mopar trans doesn't it? mine was a '67 and it had a FMX or something.. it was horrific
Thanks. AMC bolt pattern with 727 guts.

Researched internally regulated alternators and found a CS130 Chevy alternator from an 86 s10 fits. Figured if I have to rewire the engine bay mine as well get rid of the voltage regulator. Currently have it upside down to make sure it works (had to space out the pulley 1/8" and find a longer belt (has 1" of travel at the end of the adjustment slot to keep it off the oil filter housing))
IMG_7250.jpeg

IMG_7251.jpeg

IMG_7252.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg

And this is how it starts...

Next future generation owner LOL !!

1712076998503.png

I love the AMX. It looks solid. I hopeyour dad is still around. You know he is telling everyone about it being in the family. My next door neighbor had a AMC dealership as part of his group. I had a new 1996? Hornet X? Little 2 door straight 6 Blood Red with a fancy interior. Not fast but it was hot looking!

-
Back