1974 Auto Column Shift Connection

-

Glen McKenzie

Reaction score
Can someone send me a picture of the connection of where the shift rod connects to the column? I don't know if I have the right bushing/connection. Part numbers of what you have would be appreciated. I think mine is not set up right. Thanks

These are from a 74 Duster I am parting out. Is this what you mean? My local NAPA had a set of new transmission linkage bushings, so I bought them. If this is the one you need, I probably have one.

DSC01504.JPG

DSC01505.JPG

This is what I needed. Thank you. Is this a rubber type grommet or plastic? I'm confused how the rod stays in? Does it just stay attached without clips/Colter pins?

It's hard plastic, like a wiper linkage bushing. The linkage rod just snaps into place. It's a very tight fit installing a new one into the column piece & installing the rod into the bushing. Once it's in it won't fall out, trust me, you'll see when you replace the bushing.

It's hard plastic, like a wiper linkage bushing. The linkage rod just snaps into place. It's a very tight fit installing a new one into the column piece & installing the rod into the bushing. Once it's in it won't fall out, trust me, you'll see when you replace the bushing.

Chrysler part number is 3575333.
The original grommet is black.
Search number on eBay.

Do you have a part #? Thanks!
I will check. I do believe I have one, but it's white. Check your local parts store first though, believe it or not, I found mine in the small parts isle under the "HELP" parts name. They have a complete kit with 5 or 6 little bushings in it, but I'll see if I can dig mine up.

-
Back