-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamisk

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Located in 19363. This thing has seen many better days a long time ago. I never got out of the parts gathering stage and I cannot put any more money into it. 1974 Plymouth Duster, Slant six automatic mellowing into the earth and being reclaimed. It's fairly solid but hideous.
Trunk pan is rusted out, and the interior is trash. I was gathering parts for a 440 swap but it has just become too expensive. Car is $900 but i'll do $2000 if you want everything together.
Everything else includes a 1977 440 motorhome engine, i put new rings and bearings in it as well as a sum-6400 cam with new lifters, pushrods, timing chain etc. As well as engine conversion mounts for the slant six. I have a new water pump impeller from 440 source also.
I have a C Body HP manifold for the drivers side as well as a truck log for the passenger. I also have B body headers.
727 transmission mated to the 440 but converted the tailshaft for car use and measured clutch plates while it was apart, well within spec and i have a driveshaft as well
8.75 rear end housing with open 3.23 pumpkin. Has shock plates with it and small bolt pattern axles and backing plates.
I have a new hood for it (you're going to need it) and a champion radiator as well as torsion bars.
Car also for sale locally.
The 440 needs a single ARP bolt on a main. One stripped out from not enough moly on the threads and reused a factory bolt I will most likely order that bolt within this week.
Thanks for looking!

d16.jpg

d15.jpg

d14.jpg

d13.jpg

d12.jpg

d11.jpg

d10.jpg

d9.jpg

d8.jpg

d7.jpg

Last edited:
A few more photos.
If there is no interest In everything i will begin selling parts separately at a later date.
Car has a clear title.

d6.jpg

d5.jpg

d4.jpg

d3.jpg

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a good doner car for my 73 Duster. Is it a disc brake car? Would you consider $1000 for the car & 8 3/4 rear assembly?

Unfortunately it's a drum brake car. I would advise coming to look at it of course. If you are still interested I would take that offer just letting you know that the rear axles and backing plates are small bolt pattern. I will edit my original post but the car is also for sale locally.

Thanks for the info. The small bolt pattern axles aren't a big deal, & not having disc brakes is not a deal breaker. I mainly need a decent body & trim for my 73, & the 8 3/4" rear axle assembly is a big help too. I'll keep in touch via PM when I scrape up the cash. I would like to take the ride to look at it, your about 2 hours, give or take, from me if my guess is correct. I used to drop off hardware in Toughkenemon, so you aren't much further.

Last edited:
If you still have the Duster after Christmas, I would like to drive down to look at it. Let me know when a good day/time would be.
Thanks

If you still have the Duster after Christmas, I would like to drive down to look at it. Let me know when a good day/time would be.
Thanks
Absolutely! Just shoot me a PM when ready and i'll be here any time that works for you

Just wondering if you still have the Duster & 8 3/4" rear? I am still interested, just don't have enough cash yet.

Good to know, Thanks. Does the car move under its own power or is it a dead soldier?

It could move with a carb and battery, the trans slips pretty bad though and it needs front wheels/tires. Transmission will leak every drip of fluid you put it in it however

I didn't forget about you. Still getting up all the cash. When I do, if you still have the car, I will probably just make the trip to you & buy the car & housing. $1000 for both correct?

I still want the car, but I don't need the rear axle assembly anymore. Will you accept $600 for just the car? Do you have a title for it by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back