1974 Plymouth Gold Duster 318 - FIND IT!

-

Keys Mopar

Reaction score
When I was little my family had a 1974 Plymouth Gold Duster. I would love to find it.... Here is what I know.

1974 Plymouth Gold Duster
318 V8
Auto
Gold exterior with white stripe
White vinyl 3/4 top I believe - this is the only description I'm not sure of
White interior with front buckets and center console

We lived in upstate South Carolina. When we sold it we lived in Walhalla, and I believe we sold it to another family from Walhalla. I estimate that was around 1983 or 1984.

Thanks for your help with this long shot!

This is more than a long shot, it's complete impossibility. That long ago, anything could have happened, different state, different COUNTRY, junked, wrecked.

But even if it's still in your area, it could have been completely rebuilt WITHOUT the vinyl top, and a different color

Even with a VIN, this kind of stuff is tough

Oldmanmopar told of a car that was stolen from him, --he kept the title-- years later it came back I guess as a stripped shell? as I remember, and he didn't recognize it until he checked the VIN against the title he'd kept all those years.

However...the law of averages and the options versus production number could very well work in your favor to find another car with the exact same or nearly the same options.

I'd be wiling to be that there were thousands if not tens of thousands of 74 (many more if you include 73) gold, 318 dusters built, and I'd also bet lots had a white 3/4 top and many had a white stripe (although a cursory google image search turns up lots with a black top/stripe, that's an easy mod to make).

Welcome to FABO, if you have the V.I.N. it would help a lot in your search.
If you happen to know the name of the person that bought it, that would help a lot too.
Good luck, it is a big long shot, but i've heard of stranger things happening.

I was really just hoping to get lucky. I know its a long shot, but we all know of a car that sat somewhere for years, waiting to be rediscovered. Perhaps someone from Walhalla, SC will stumble across my message one day and remember an old Duster.

It was also sold with a small dent on the back right corner right above the bumper just about 2 inches high and the four inches long. Back right tail light was cracked too.

Long shot! I know. Trying to find a VIN... Thanks for reading my post!

Hey i have a 74 plymouth Gold duster, it was origanaly a gold color with a white vinyl top, a white stripe kit and originally had a 318 in it(now has a 225 slant 6 was in it when I got it.) I live in Ohio. I have repainted it since ive gotten it. Its now two tone(black on top, silver on bottom).

Attachments

• IMG_13274673691495.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_13322501930216.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 208
-
Back