-
Status
Not open for further replies.

steptoe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This car is in very good condition. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere. I spent several months getting the kinks out of the front suspension with the help of a lot of people here at FABO. I have replaced the upper and lower control arm bushings and ball joints. I also added a front swaybar. Car has new front shocks and rear air shocks. It has the following equipment: 318 engine, auto trans, power disc brakes, Air conditioning, AM/FM CD player, bucket seats, B&M floor shifter, tachometer, factory guages, ralley wheels, dual hood scoops. windshield washers. Also, a Holley 4 barrel with aluminum intake manifold. It is a daily driver and starts very fast first thing every morning. Everything works. I hate to sell but have too many play toys so something has to go. I am also having trouble loading pictures here but can e-mail more if requested. $6700.00 OBO Reply here or call David at: 228-697-8148

Dodge Dart 4.JPG

Dodge Dart 5.JPG

Engine Compartment 3.JPG

Front Interior.JPG

This has me bewildered. I posted this ad several weeks ago. It's had only 163 views and NO replies. Swingers must not be in demand. Either I am asking too much or it has no retail value. I sold an '86 Monte Carlo LS (that's a V6 FI) last year for $7000.00 and people were almost fighting over it. I have turned down offers for my '55 Chevy for over $8000.00 for the body only. This Dart is in excellent condition, it's loaded with features, everything works perfectly except for the heater core, and it drives like a dream. I certainly am grateful this car didn't go thru the Barrett-Jackson auction. No reserve there so I would have really lost money. Maybe I need to put a 340 or Hemi in it. Looks like Mopar people buy an engine... not the car. Falcons and Corvairs are bringing much more than this Dart. I don't understand. Someone is missing out on a very nice old Dart.

I think you have a good asking price and will get the money eventually but here is my opinion why it isn't selling. First, the 75 model year isn't a hit with everyone, many think the styling was much better in pervious years. Second, it's a 318 car, I don't think they get that much respect from anyone. Third the economy sucks bad. Fourth, the color isn't red black or blue. Fifth, it's right after Christmas.

That being said, I have personally think it is a great looking car. I had a 74 which got lots of looks, even though it wasn't from one of the more sought out years. A 318 can be built to rock and even in stock form is a fun motor. So what I'm trying to say a it will take a Mopar guy to buy this car. A casual "muscle car" buyer would want it to be a red 68, 69, or 70 with a 340/360 or a big block.

The car I now have is a 72 swinger 318/904 with 36k orginal miles. I bought it at the Rod run in Pigeon Forge, TN. There were probably 100k people at the show that weekend. No one showed much interest in the car for 6k. Why? it's b1 blue (baby blue) has no bumble bee stripe or hood scoops and just a 318. Which was great for me because I got a rust free car I could get in and drive home for 4k! It took a real mopar a body guy to want the car.

i feel ya bro. i have been trying to sell my 75 scamp for a while now. i think its mostly the year thing. people want the small bumper cars.

Have you reseached the current selling prices of 75 model A-bodies and other 75 vehicles like Monte Carlo ?
That would make more sense than your comparisons to Falcons or Corvairs.
Neither of those were even close to 75 models.
I dont have a problem with the gold and white though. It is a great looking example of a 75 model.
Everyone has opinions, likes and dislikes. Honestly , if I walked up on that car with a For Sale sign marked 3750.00 I wouls say put the stock shifter , intake, carb, and air cleaner back on it and put a heater core in it and I'll give 3500.00
I think you got a good buy in the 72 even with the baby blue.
Good luck with all of them.

Thanks for the input guys. At least someone is reading and responding to my ad. Oh well, if it doesn't sell, I will just keep it along with my '55 Chevy and go cruizin in both. I am not going to give it away to make a sale. I might even fix the heater core although we don't need one here in the deep south. Thanks again, I appreciate the words of cheer.

I love that color actually I think the only reason it aint selling is because, like red fish said. not a lot of people like the pointed front end.

THE CAR IS SOLD. Thanks to everyone. I sold it locally to a little old lady about 60 years young. She just fell in love with it. I am very happy for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back