1976 Aspen R/T

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My Son-in-law and I took a road trip on Saturday and bought this 1976 Aspen R\T. It will be my daughters car when we get done with it.
She wants to go to car shows with us and have here own car there.

Looks like it was originally silver with red / orange graphics.
She want us to paint it FM3 pink with black and white R\T graphics on it.

Came with a stock 318 and a rebuilt 727 and a new drive line.
Has 8 1/4 323 sure grip under it.
Should be a fun project.

Attachments

• Mels RT.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 670
sweet....it brings back memories, as I bouth a 78 aspen R/T brand new, and it was black with yellow/red/orange stripes, with all the window louvers, and spoilers, 318 with a 4 speed. I sold it to a guy, to buy a new trans am, and he later totaled it.

a buddy bought one new in 79', it had the lean burn ignition HA HA HA ... pretty cool cars tho. the super coupe's and road runners were cool too. post pics after it's painted pink ;) my wife would love to see it

Looks like a cool car. He can hang out here @ FABO and get hooked up with the guys @ FMJ Bodies only too. Great group over there! tmm

i had a 79 aspen r\t black with gold strips with window louvers and rear spoiler 318 904 buckets that was one beautifull car and tough as whalebone i wish i would of took better care of it and still had it

I wished they still made those cars. We did not know how great they were--after the smog stuff was removed.

Actually, as an F-body owner for over 30 years, I can say, with much love, those cars were absolute CRAP... and I'm glad Chrysler DOESN'T make them like this anymore... or they'd have gone broke YEARS ago...

And I say that with much love for F-bodies....

Greg

ahh...good times...good memories...a friend in High School had one...we called it the @$$-Pain...

Paul

Actually, as an F-body owner for over 30 years, I can say, with much love, those cars were absolute CRAP... and I'm glad Chrysler DOESN'T make them like this anymore... or they'd have gone broke YEARS ago...

And I say that with much love for F-bodies....

Greg

Hmmm, well I never owned one but gee with 4.10 gears and a hot 340 it would have to move. I went with the larger heavier 78 Magnum car cause I figure it be safer and hold the road better. Have yet to total it so glad I brought it.

We're finding lots of cancer. All seems to be in areas that we can fix fairly easy though.
Fun Fun Fun!!!

Attachments

• Melanies RT 017.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 456
Stan
Would you post the wheel and tire sizes on you daughters new car?
I like the look of how the car sets.

Thank you

Quote= She wants to go to car shows with us and have her own car there :cheers:

You have raised her right Stan :cheers: and I bet she will enjoy those 3.23 gears :burnout:
It's been going great here and my son's are still on me to drop a 360 in Victoria :D Yea :sign3:
What a great Dodge Aspen R/T your daughter has :happy2:
And built on our bicentennial year... One of our MoPar's of 1976 :cheers: :happy2:

-
Back