-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh palmer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi I'm trying to sell my 1976 plymouth feather duster. It is almost all original. I got rid of the vinal top and changed the paint scheme. It has a 225 slant six. It has a overdrive 4speed manual transmission. All the aluminum parts are correct. I have the original motor pulled out. It has a blown head gasket but I put another slant six in and it runs great. I've owned it for 17 years. It was my first car. Me and my dad restored the body and painted it. The interior needs some work. The reason I'm selling it is because I just don't have the funds to do what I want with it. I'm asking 6000 I live in zimmerman mn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,215
Hi my name is josh I was wondering if anybody might be interested in my 1976 plymouth feather duster. I'm asking 6000 obo.

How many miles are on it?
6 grand isn't out of the question in my opinion.
The paint is sure a blinding color!

How many miles are on it?
6 grand isn't out of the question in my opinion.
The paint is sure a blinding color!

There is 89000 on the body I have the original motor pulled out of it with blown head gasket. I put another slant six in it so that I could just drive it. The reason I haven't done anything with the original motor is because I just was t sure at he time what I was going to do. Now I just don't have the funds to do what I want with it. The paint is hot lime with flat black hood

The car is worth whatever someone will pay for it. It seems a little high for the year, but it looks very nice. We have all seen crappy, rusty, non running cars go for that price and more. I bought my 73 that looked the same for close to that. Almost the same color, too. Good luck on the sale. I'm a MN boy as well, and I'll ask around for you and try to help you sell it.

I'm trying to find a color match on mine. Do you have a paint code for that color?

The car is worth whatever someone will pay for it. It seems a little high for the year, but it looks very nice. We have all seen crappy, rusty, non running cars go for that price and more. I bought my 73 that looked the same for close to that. Almost the same color, too. Good luck on the sale. I'm a MN boy as well, and I'll ask around for you and try to help you sell it.

I'm trying to find a color match on mine. Do you have a paint code for that color?

I don't have a paint code but it was ppgs off line and it was called hot lime. I would appriciate it if ya got the word passed I'm open to offers as well. Thanks

Theres your pictures pal!
G.L.W.S!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,918
  • photo (1).JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,933
  • photo (2).JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,940
  • photo (4).JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,951
  • photo (3).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,899
You asked what we think its woth ....... Well its a 76 nothing there ... its a slant 6 car nothing there ..... It is a stick in the floor (better) Color is just who likes it . ..... Its been painted black under the hood . not a good thing for most mopar guys . (should be body color) I would say bout 1/2 of what you are asking . JMO Nice car tho I think you should keep it and stick around fabo agin jmo .

You asked what we think its woth ....... Well its a 76 nothing there ... its a slant 6 car nothing there ..... It is a stick in the floor (better) Color is just who likes it . ..... Its been painted black under the hood . not a good thing for most mopar guys . (should be body color) I would say bout 1/2 of what you are asking . JMO Nice car tho I think you should keep it and stick around fabo agin jmo .

Actually it's a rare car buddy. There was only 5900 off the production line and its all aluminum correct. And the hot lime fits the flat black hood

Rare doesn't always equal valuable, that's not a logical assumption. It looks like a nice car though. I'm not going to make any comment about the value. As said, it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay.

Rare doesn't always equal valuable, that's not a logical assumption. It looks like a nice car though. I'm not going to make any comment about the value. As said, it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay.

That is very true. But I still think my rare 76 feather duster is worth around what I'm asking. Nada showed that in the condition it's in it could be worth as much as 7500. But I think that's high.

First of all, NADA is about useless for value on cars like this, which you recognize. There are so many variables for the value of a car. Not just what it is, and it's condition, but what has been done to it. The color, other effects, modifications, you name it. Your car has a lot of those things that are going to be very particular to the buyer. Custom is usually harder to sell unless it's something most universally happen to like. To everyone else, it's going to be a foundation for a project re-doing it all, and they will value it that way.

Again, not making any comment about the value. What you ask, the response you get, and what people are willing to give it to you when they see it in person will tell you that. No one else should need to.

Personally, a Feather Duster is one of those cars I'd love to have. (I'd want it to look 100% stock though). I'd rather have a Hang 10 Dart Sport, but then beggars can't be choosers!

First of all, NADA is about useless for value on cars like this, which you recognize. There are so many variables for the value of a car. Not just what it is, and it's condition, but what has been done to it. The color, other effects, modifications, you name it. Your car has a lot of those things that are going to be very particular to the buyer. Custom is usually harder to sell unless it's something most universally happen to like. To everyone else, it's going to be a foundation for a project re-doing it all, and they will value it that way.

Again, not making any comment about the value. What you ask, the response you get, and what people are willing to give it to you when they see it in person will tell you that. No one else should need to.

Personally, a Feather Duster is one of those cars I'd love to have. (I'd want it to look 100% stock though). I'd rather have a Hang 10 Dart Sport, but then beggars can't be choosers!
I agree with some of what u day. I did change the paint and the vinal top but everything else is original. The motor and transmission r correct and all the aluminum parts r correct. The white paint and ugly brown vinal top to me just didn't look very good. I guess I just like the hard top look

Well, what I'm saying is absolutely true. Whether it's true about your specific car is another matter. I can't tell much from those tiny pics. That isn't original seat material, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously it has a newer stereo. And there's some things under the hood that I can tell just from that pic that aren't original, namely the black painted bay. Just from those things, the car is far from stock.

Not arguing, just saying that the more custom a car is, the more specific a buyer you need to find, so smaller market for the car.

It's a nice looking car either way though!

Good luck with your sale.

Well, what I'm saying is absolutely true. Whether it's true about your specific car is another matter. I can't tell much from those tiny pics. That isn't original seat material, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously it has a newer stereo. And there's some things under the hood that I can tell just from that pic that aren't original, namely the black painted bay. Just from those things, the car is far from stock.

Not arguing, just saying that the more custom a car is, the more specific a buyer you need to find, so smaller market for the car.

It's a nice looking car either way though!

Good luck with your sale.
Actually that motor is correct it does have aluminum manifolds and yes I did redo the seats because they were in ruff shape and I think hot lime and black look great. and I do still have the original am radio. I just don't listen to am. And I like the black the paint isn't original already so what's the difference. Buy thanks for your opinion.

I didn't say a thing about the "motor" or the color choice. It's the difference between a restored car or a custom one, has nothing to do whether it's original paint or not. Just saying all of these things play a part in value and your market. This is objective fact. I'm not arguing with you about your car the way you seem to think I am.

Bottom line, get what you can get for it, have fun.

Josh. Opinions are like...um...buttholes. Everyone has one. A lot of what is in the thread is true. When I am looking at a car, I am asking all the same stuff on here. I am doing a 74 that some folks are going to hate. Others may like. Under the hood is black....paint was never intended to be factory. The motor is worth more than the car all day long. When you built it...you did it your way. Someone will like that...there is your buyer. You value is what they will shell out in your driveway. Book and auction values are for resto cars or survivor cars that are just as they were off the line. Make sense? Glws

Josh. Opinions are like...um...buttholes. Everyone has one. A lot of what is in the thread is true. When I am looking at a car, I am asking all the same stuff on here. I am doing a 74 that some folks are going to hate. Others may like. Under the hood is black....paint was never intended to be factory. The motor is worth more than the car all day long. When you built it...you did it your way. Someone will like that...there is your buyer. You value is what they will shell out in your driveway. Book and auction values are for resto cars or survivor cars that are just as they were off the line. Make sense? Glws

Yes it does thanks for the input and good luck with your restore

Actually it's a rare car buddy. There was only 5900 off the production line and its all aluminum correct. And the hot lime fits the flat black hood
the flat black HOOD fits it just fine . I was talking bout under the hood . As for rare . Never said it was not rare , But rare dont always mean money buddy

And my feather duster I'm sure is more rare than your dart
Now now . Dont get your ''fethers" all up You did ask what i think and i told you what i think . Would you like me to bull **** you ? Thats what i think . You want to start throwin down we can . FYI I dont have a dart i love it when some one says some thing like that . Just relax set back . I ment no disrespct by what i said bout your car . I think its a really nice driver . I would love to roll around in it . Have a nice day ! ...............Bang bang :hello2:

Well I opoligize to anybody if I ofended anybody. I'm just trying to sell my car. It's a nice car and if anybody is interested in my area they can post something or p/m me. I am open to offers.

Non-body color under the hood on a Mopar is always bad, and to me 5000 of something really isn't all that rare. What is cool is the 4 speed feather duster. The automatic ones don't make sense to me because its not a few pounds of weight that give the good mileage its the overdrive. So market it to the amazing mpg it gets for a cool car. Why drive a tiny Honda when you can look cool, stretch out, and still sip the gas. While the rest of the muscle car market sucks, this could actually be about the best time to sell this, good luck!

I don't care what anyone says, I like it, and if I had a feather in my cap, I'd trade you for it!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back