-
Status
Not open for further replies.

12many

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
Pulled a good running 225 slant from my 67 A100 on 09/10/17. Less than 30,000 on it, still searching for reciepts and date installed, about 2008. Oil pressure 50psi, with an aluminum radiator it ran approx 180 no issues. No noises or smoking as it was a rebuilt short block from defunct Sun Engine in Phoenix, AZ that was pulled from a warehouse, in it's original crate from liquidation sale a few years ago. This has replacement parts made in America before the cheap third world invaded. I added an Erson RV15 cusom grind cam, Roll master timing set, stainless oversize valves. Two barrel converted intake w/Autoline reman BBD, recent new exhaust manifold no cracks and heat riser valve fully operational, outlet nlarged to about 2-1/4", comes with extra reman ready to use head, oem cam, rockers, etc. $300 FIRM for all that. Also, I have the rare factory slant six adapter plate, spacer, all bolts to mount, and an oem 10" bolt hole flexplate that mounts the slant six to the A727 small block trans. Will not break-up the adapter parts. The plate, spacer, bolts and flexplate as a set for $175 firm. Engine pulled, load and roll

IMG_20170911_083518.jpg

IMG_20170911_083503.jpg

IMG_20170911_083449.jpg

IMG_20170911_083102.jpg

IMG_20170911_083048.jpg

Last edited:
Tried to send a message. Your box is full. Interested in the adapter. Any idea of shipping cost to 34488 florida? Send me a message.
Thanks, Charlie

I need a carb for a slant six that takes the rod type assembly for the linkage..I have a offenhouser intake with 600 holley that I want to take off and put smaller carb on.If you have anything let me know

Someone needs to pickup the engine and/or head up as shipping is gonna be pricey. I can maybe build a crate and take to a freight company, but that'll be more $$ on top of shipping cost. Gotta box up the adapter pieces to get an idea what it'll cost to ship.

Just an FYI. The 67 engine has the small pilot hole in the end of the crank. It will not work with a 68 or newer auto trans, without a special torque converter.

This unmodified (pulled off of the original 67 slant from my 67 van) factory adapter/spacer fit into this replacement later engines crank no problems. No need for a special converter or mods if you have the later tc. Straight bolt-on. I went through this fitment concern when I was looking for an engine and new converter at the time. If you have an early slant (pre mid 67 changeover) you would need a bushing made to pilot your early torque converter if I remember correctly, or look into changing trans input shafts etc in order to use a later torque converter. Mid year changes are a *****, I think my front axle was a mid year changeover too, as well as dealing with input shaft size in the trans, early or later? Mine are all later. But real a pain remembering all this!

Last edited:
I did not realize the engine was a '70's. So yes the crank has the large hole. But I bet the "nub" on the adapter is the small size. As they only used the adapter with the 67 and older engines (in 68 they went to the slant six 727 auto, and didn't need the adapter). It would probably work, though, as the bolts would most likely align it close enough.

Someone needs to pickup the engine and/or head up as shipping is gonna be pricey. I can maybe build a crate and take to a freight company, but that'll be more $$ on top of shipping cost. Gotta box up the adapter pieces to get an idea what it'll cost to ship.
Sent 2 pm yesterday waiting on replys

I did not realize the engine was a '70's. So yes the crank has the large hole. But I bet the "nub" on the adapter is the small size. As they only used the adapter with the 67 and older engines (in 68 they went to the slant six 727 auto, and didn't need the adapter). It would probably work, though, as the bolts would most likely align it close enough.
The adapter fits over the crank raised lip, which is approx 2.125"/55mm od. The inner bore of the adapter (that accepts the torque converter pilot) is approx. 1.8125"/46mm id. The pilot on the adapter for a manual trans is approx .9375" I'd. Same as on this 70's crank. Again, factory unmodified parts.

I suspect that the spacer was machined by the factory to fit on to the mid year changed crank. That makes the most sense to me,

Not a problem for me. It has been many years since I have seen the adapter. I'm interested in it regardless. I just wanted to give a heads up about the early crank, not knowing this was a later engine.

Box for adapter will be about 22" x 22" x 6", 35 pounds. Shipped from zip 29301. I'd prefer PayPal for payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back