1985 D150 have super six?

-

MLC Dodge

Reaction score
I've got a lead on a 1985 D150 with a slant six engine for cheap. I want to super six my 74 Duster. Was the super six available in this truck/year? I don't want to waste time looking at it if it doesn't or won't work.

No super six wasn't on any of the ram trucks. Super six only came on late 70s aspen's and stuff like that. Pretty sure it was like 1977-1979 ish stuff.

No super six wasn't on any of the ram trucks. Super six only came on late 70s aspen's and stuff like that. Pretty sure it was like 1977-1979 ish stuff.

Mopar367, Thanks eh. I love the avatar! I looked up the carb at Rock Auto and all available are single barrel. Thanks for the quick help.

Did you mean a 225 2bbl engine?
I had a '83 D150 that came with a 2bbl 225 Fed Emissions
Not too super, it couldn't do 55 into a headwind in 4th gear...

No problem at all. The super six stuff is kinda hard to find. All I ever found at the junkyards around here was a super six air breather lid. I ran it on my single barrel slant six truck.

Not correct.

The "Super Six" (2bbl) was available from the factory on Slant-6 passenger car applications in the United States (except in California in certain years) from 1977 through 1979 and truck/van applications from 1977 through 1983. Add one year to the end of those ranges for Canada.

-
Back