-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterbd13

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
built this truck to campaign on autocross courses and open track events. I have done both, and am ready to move on to another project. Its basically a sports car with a bed.

The truck has a fully rebuilt suspension with belltech springs, tall ball joint conversion, Bilstein shocks, DJM spindles, 33mm front sway bar, 28mm rear (heim jointed). New moog/ energy suspension bushings. Tube upper control arms. ZQ8 steering box, solid steering shaft, new tie rods, drag link, idler, etc. all new parts within the last 10K miles.

The trans is a close ratio world class T5 that i put new bearings and seals in in the last 10K, along with a new zoom clutch and resurfaced flywheel.

The motor is a full 3.4 V6 swap from a 95 firebird. retained the SFI and DIS, as well as all firebird accessories. gets 22MPG. custom tuned PCM from a corvette. Has cold air intake, stainless long tube headers, fresh gaskets, freeze plugs, wires, plugs, belts, hoses, etc. all done in the last 2K, motor had 75K on it when pulled.

Rear is freshened 7.5 with 3.46 gears.

Brakes have fresh calipers, wheel cylinders, shoes, brake proportioning valve, master cylinder, and new PFC-Z compound pads in last 5K

battery has been moved under bed, new battery and cables.

New radiator, water pump, hoses, t-stat.

Electric computer controlled fans

Dual 10" subs behind seats, Sony CD player, Sony 800 watt Amp, component front speakers, 4X10 rear

new fuel pump, lines, and sending unit.

Interior redone. plastics and carpets dyed black, with firebird bucket seats, dodge Dakota consoles (full length lower and uppers), auto dim mirror, full Autometer instrumentation. comes with doors for power windows and door locks. grant steering wheel with tilt column.

Black basecoat/clearcoat Paint less than 2 years old.

AC, Power steering, Power brakes. Oldsmobile grille, Blazer bumper.

the tires are 245/50/16 G-force T/A's on 16X8 IROC wheels. 50-60% life remaining.

the truck was my daily for the last few years, and has never let me down. it gets good mileage, handles and stops great, turns heads, runs out good, and is quiet with the radio off. i wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

The body is absolutely, 100% RUST FREE. the truck started out in texas, and has only lived there, NC, and SC

I'm looking to sell it, but would consider trades. will consider trading up, down, partial or full. also open to reasonable cash offers.

Especially looking at 4 door 2WD automatic truck (F150, Dakota, Silverado, etc), el camino. Also interested in 97-99 Subaru legacy 2.5GT sedan. but make me a trade offer. worst i can say is no.

More pictures, build costs, etc available upon request.

Call Michael at 828-260-1254

Please don't call me before 8AM , or after 9PM.

thanks for looking, and feel free to ask any questions

Picture333-1.jpg

Picture346.jpg

Picture200-1.jpg

Picture341.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture336.jpg

I know thats why I was asking the seller, if it was a v-8 from a firebird or the v-6. Its not clear in the ad. I'm only interested if it is a v-8 so just trying to be sure.

i forget that most guys arent familiar with the 60*V6 family tree. ill have to fix that in the ad.

thanks for the help, though racerkilla

i saw 3.4 on the intake.... i just worked on the same engine in a firebird like yeserday... lol.. nice truck by the way.

never made a 1/4 pass. 120 on the back straight at CMP though.

and serious price drop to 4000 obo.
it needs to go away now that i have a fullsize truck and am out of parking. that, and the duster needs a regear and a 5 speed.

michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back