1994-2002 Ram Question

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Been awhile since posting but still lurk around but don't sign in. Lol.
Anyways. I've been gathering body parts for that 1996 2500 I bought to replace hail damaged parts and was able to score some good straight parts today. One of the parts is the passenger side door.

My question is: Are the doors different between a standard cab and an extended cab in those years? The overall dimensions of the door seems to be the same but the pillar at the back of the door is about 1/2" wider than mine.
I guess the real question is, will a door from a 2000 Ram 3500 ext cab fit on my 1996 Ram 2500 stand cab? I though they were the same from 94-02.

Thanks everyone!

Oh, just checked rockauto and it shows the same part number so not sure why the door is slightly different.

Last edited:
The only difference between doors is the quad cab

Regular and Club cabs are interchangeable. Quad front doors are quad cab only
What you have to pay attention to is the lower rear corner, quad are rounded and the rest are sharp or vise versa

Last edited:
Anytime Jeremy, I hope things are going good for you.

Things are okay. I'm back on 1st shift now, since the end of September. The shop slowed down quite a bit and had to do away with 2nd and 3rd shifts and layed several off. I took a 16% pay cut along with it due to them taking the differential away. They said that 3rd would be there until the doors closed which they lied so, those of us on that shift took that hit.
Of course that 16% is on my tax returns which is what the lender took into count on our house as well as the Income Driven Repayment on our student loans. So, yeah. $8000 a year cut. I can honestly say though that I'm happy to still have my job. Lol

-
Back