1st Timer from the frozen north

-

MacK

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just picked up my first restoration project. Looking forward to sharing my small victories and monumental failures with you.

It's a 64 Plymouth Barracuda. Pretty solid and still in good driving condition. Lots of cosmetic work to do.

View attachment IMG_0057.jpg

View attachment IMG_0059.jpg

I'll have a ton of questions for the more seasoned restoration guys. All info and/or verbal abuse will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome from southern California where it's never frozen and usually sunny and dry..... 70*F degrees in January is awsome. Lol! But seriously the classic cars love it here and last forever. I'll love to see your restoration as I do all the east coast suff in the US as well. As we never seem to see much rust or ever have to cut open and patch panels very often. So I find it all very informative and a great learning experience. Text book like so to speak as I don't see much here personally.

Again welcome! :blob:

Welcome to FABO. Welcome from Salmon Arm BC. Lets see a pic of the front end. Profile looks to me to be a 1966 front clip.

Here's a pic of the front end Dartfastback.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 232
Welcome to Fabo... Thats going to be a nice ride when your done.. I'm just south east of you towards Camrose.. I get to pick up my 65 cuda this fall or winter.. Its hibernating in Nevada..

Welcome to FABO,
It sure seems like all of the Albertans are finally coming out of the woodwork lately.....

70DartMike and dartfastback, I think you're right...it's a 66. I'm going to miss that ole 64.

welcome from paradise , nice project, "The warmer half of Alberta" whats that the smartest guy on the short bus ? the project should bring you many hours of happiness which will help forget how bad the Oilers really are LOL Go Leafs

A LEAFS fan trash talking the Oilers??? Who's the smartest guy on the short bus now?! LOL

A LEAFS fan trash talking the Oilers??? Who's the smartest guy on the short bus now?! LOL
Atta boy your going to fit right in with us here , but take a look at the standings we're off to our usual rockin start we won't suck till the middle of next month , then we'll be great again after the allstar break when it's too late for the playoffs , but at least we won't finish dead last eh! -twice in a row was it ?
PS I'm also the tallest midget at the circus

Well, I'll have the car loaded into the garage tomorrow to begin cleanup and a detailed look at what I've gotten myself into. I'll be starting a thread in the restoration section with lots of pics and stupid questions. Feel free to stop in to give advise or just to have a cheap laugh at my expense. :poke:
Thank you all for the open-armed welcome.

-
Back