2 prong alternator with original wiring?

-

phf

Reaction score
is it possible to run the magnum alternator(thats cuz the engine is a '92 5.2l magnum) with the '67 barracuda wiring harness? if so, how would i wire it up?

I have seen this done.I know Mancini Racing and a few other places sell a bracket/pulley kit for the LA engine.As far a the wiring,that alternator is a two field piece.I know the stock amp meter will have to be eliminated.

You will need to upgrade the wiring to heavier gauge or else your stock wiring harness will cook and possibly catch fire!!!

so which of the 2 fields would i run the wire to?

Doesn't make any difference, connect to one and ground the other.

But if you are going to go through the bother of upgrading the rest of the wiring so you can use this alternator why no upgrade to the 70+ style regulator? If you do that then you connect the green wire from the regulator to one filed connection and switched 12 volts to the other.

any chance u guys can show me a digram....i get easily confused when it comes to wires

Here it is

br002002.jpg

That diagram just shows the field windings between pin's 1 and 2. It's oriented the way it is to show it's relationship to the stator and it's windings.

From that diagram either pin could be connected to either the 12 volt supply or the regulator controlling the connection to ground.

-
Back