2 questions about 8 3/4 sure grip

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Hey guys I have my new 8 3/4 all opened up and ready to go back together with good gaskets and all. I am wondering if there would be any problems with using full synthetic gear lube in it. Its a 489 sure grip.

The other question I have is how much end play should be in the drivers side axel? I understand how to adjust the pass. side end play but when I grabbed the axel to pull it out I noticed that there was maybe a 1/16 maybe more, of end play on the DRIVERS SIDE which does not have an adjuster. Hope somebody tells me its an easy fix!
thx guys.

I run Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube in a Chevy 12 bolt and it is a posi and works fine.Been in there for about 6 years.I have just recently put the same Mobil 1 in two 8 3/4 rears in my 69 Darts ,haven't driven them much but it has not caused any problems. But maybe some more knowledegable people than myself will know more about it. I actually use a lot of Mobil 1 oil in engines, my richmond 6 speed trans in the Chevelle,my personal truck,my wifes hyundai. It is a damn good product.

Bobby

-
Back