20 minute rear quarter repair (don't laugh too much)

-

Sussmad

Reaction score
need to get the Beater through inspection so I am covering the rot. flashing cut and glued on with sealant (Lexel). Best $300 car I ever bought.
dmbczb.jpg

xncmsg.jpg

lol. a lot better fix then some i've seen. those cheap beaters are always the bets cars. had a $400 tempo. man i beat the hell out of that car. never let me down.

nice gotta do what ya gotta do lot better then the job some one did on my dads 66 b4 we got it

funniest body repair I ever saw was a guy I work with, had an old ford, that had huge rot holes in the quarter panels, so he went and filled it with that expanding foam you get at the hardware store for cracks around windows etc, etc. when it dried he just trimmed it off to the shape of the body with a belt sander. LOL!

funniest body repair I ever saw was a guy I work with, had an old ford, that had huge rot holes in the quarter panels, so he went and filled it with that expanding foam you get at the hardware store for cracks around windows etc, etc. when it dried he just trimmed it off to the shape of the body with a belt sander. LOL!

when I was doing paint prep work on my '66 mustang, I found out that the last painter had sanded the cement-hard dirt in the trunk extensions and painted that to make quarter panel repairs- never would have known if I hadn't repainted it:D

If you ever sell the car, please let the buyer know... I have run into soooo many "redneck" fixes on my car it's not even funny.

Why would we laugh.....? Now sanded and painted dirt, thats a riot!

remember i have a parts car if u need some thing :glasses7:

The semester has just started up so the dart will be on hold til next year. But I will be looking for rear quarters, front windshield and trunk extensions next spring...

i once was "replacing" some rockers in a jeep cherokee they had huge rust holes in them so i just rolled up some old t shirts stuffed them in the holes to back up my bondo and slung a gallon in both sides worked it down painted them and dude is still driving that thing today rockers look great haha

I used a mancini catalog once to fill the rust holes on a duster 1/4 then bondo'd over it! The car was wrecked shortly after

-
Back