20 year parked NO HEAD LIGHTS HELP

-

amoparacer

Reaction score
Okay so rebuilt the carb adj valves runs great opps no head lights high or low.
Any one know how to clean the head light switch. What else could it be ???? also no turn signals running lights all work brake lights work. 76 Feather Duster
225 spd car. :eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops:

clean the connector on the firewall
Get a wireing diagram and a test-light or a volt meter and start tracing.

Head light ONLY power (not tail, park or dash lights) goes TO the light switch via a heavy wire coming from one of the fuse links in the engine bay, a no 12 black wire going through cavity 16 of the bulkhead connector. Check that you have power there first

TS first thing I'd do is find the TS flasher and check for power (key on) at the flasher, and if you have it, replace the flasher

You have a shop manual? Wiring diagram?

Check the high /low switch on the floor

X2
I would start checking there with a simple test light. No power there leads me back to the headlight switch. Verified power in and out of dimmer switch leads me to the bulbs and/or the connectors behind them.

okay took five minutes and replaced dimer still no head lights so maybe tomorrow i will get out the multimeter and check the fusable link.

Did you checked the fuse?

No because the headlight switch solved the issue. Also the head lights don't run through the fuse block they have a fusable link.:violent1::violent1::violent1::book::book::book::book::book::book::book::book::book::book::book:

-
Back