Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
My wife's beloved PT Cruiser with 77,000 miles blew a head gasket and dumped anti freeze into a cylinder. Chrysler "lifetime warranty " folks say it's not worth the cost of a new engine so they are buying out the warranty (%$^*!!!^&%@#!!!). Other than the motor it is in great shape - everything works mechanically - all new brakes 2,000 miles ago. The body is a no rust silver beauty - 2 scratches on one quarter and a hole poked in the rear bumper cover. I would hate to send it to the scrap yard, so I'm looking for a new home that would either replace the engine, or use it to maintain their own PT.

Near Tacoma, WA - $800 OBO

DSC01953.JPG

Put a head gasket into it. Is it a 2.4? Kim

It took so long for the dealership to recognize the source of the overheating problem (three visits towed in each time) that when it really went it flooded one cylinder with anti-freeze and scored the cylinder walls :(

Did the motor hydrolock....Ruined? My 96 Breeze blew the 2.0 head gasket and they still charged me parts only. I could have done it but wasn't sure the head wasn't warped. Dang. If you were in So. Cal I'd own that already.
>> oops just read the last post...bad hole, bummer<<

Fellas, let's reel it back in here. 8 posts have been deleted for comments which are not allowed in sale threads. Send the seller a pm if you are interested. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back