2013 Qualicum Beach Father's Day show n' shine - pictures

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I took my Dart to it's first car show in years yesterday, to the Qualicum Beach Father's Day car show. It's supposedly in Oprah's 'Top things to do in the summer' or something.. ? Anyways, it was PACKED. Mark (Moopa) and I showed up about 9:30 AM, which was apparently too late.. 9 was cut off time?? Even though we pre registered, and each paid $25 online ahead of time to register, they told us they ran out of room. They wanted us to park outside the show, way out in some quiet parking lot. I said eff that, and moved the barricades and came in the back way and parked in the show. It was pretty neat to have Mark's 1969 Charger survivor in F8 green, parked next to my 1970 Dart Custom, freshly done in F8 green.
I even had one guy get angry at me for pulling out the slant, and building a 340. 'You can build up the slant just as good as that 340!!' he argued.

Anyways, here's the pics. I didn't get pics of everything I liked, because it was so crowded, but I still got a bunch.
Enjoy.

Never seen this one before, it's local. Factory big block Dart.

Super Duty Beaumont.

A friend of mine just bought this. 1967 1/2 ton 4x4.

This sounded great.

My mom used to have one of these.

1964 Barracuda, 340.

Love these Pontiacs.

Trevor is the original owner of a 1969 383 GTS. He recently bought this Coronet as well. 270 Poly, cool intake/carb setup. It uses Ford carbs, and runs a Chevy 3 speed.

Hemi Barracuda.

The AMC club showed up.. cool!

401 Gremlin X.

Thank you Mike, what a great outing. F8 is still my favorite to this day, and you guys two cars looked great together. I also have a soft spot for the Acadian cars. Just wish a Canso had showed up....lol. Everything was very cool though....:thumleft:.

Thanks Rick! A lot of people liked seeing our two in the same colour. Not a colour you see often these days.
There were a few Canso's, but too crowded to get pics.

I missed it this year for the first time in a few years. Great pics. F8 seems to be popular on the island, hopefully my F8 69 cuda will be there to join next year!

Here's a nice picture the news took of us in the cruise.

2CF2A2C6-3BE9-46A8-83C7-301E9CCABB2D-686-00000117C02E68DD_zpsf3612517.jpg

Got to love those Canadian chevroitiacs (pontirolets?)

Boy, there were bunch of cars I am in lust with...super pics..

Pleased that there were few 'for sale" signs in the windows..

Ian,

Cool. I know the black 71 Duster. I was talking to the owner Mike today. Funny, we talked about the show, and I mentioned having seen his car's picture on here from last years show.

Here's a nice picture the news took of us in the cruise.

2CF2A2C6-3BE9-46A8-83C7-301E9CCABB2D-686-00000117C02E68DD_zpsf3612517.jpg
This is a great shot Mike. Was good talking with you over the weekend,sorry to here about the tough time they gave you getting in hope it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. Need more mopar guys at these shows. Cheers:burnout:

-
Back