Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge989

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
205 T Case Wanted for 727 Mopar Transmission

I need a t case for my 75 trailduster... I have everything all built but cannot bring myself to run the 203 case.

I have one for a manual transmission but that is a different adapter than the 727...

I have cash so if anyone has one let me know!

Thanks

TL

Ok educate me on whats what on these...1st I have a 727trans and transfercase all alum from 360 4bbl Rmchgr 87..obviously 4whd.. and a cast iron/alum transfercase from 78 bigblk 4whd with all the pieces/shifter tailshaft etc that i need gone, had a drunken stupor once of cram'n a 440 down in a ramchgr but Im alrite now...100 bucs come and get it on bblk setup...

The NP203 is a chain driven transfer case used in the majority of 4wd trucks (1/2 and 3/4 ton). The NP205 is gear to gear, much heavier duty used in HD 3/4 ton and 1 ton models. You realy, really, REALLY have to try and break a 205. The 203s are pretty easy to break...

I see, so this bblk one I have is much heavier and seperated from tranny so what is it? I know the one that came orig in my 87rmchgr is the reg run of the mil prob 203...was hoping he could use it its in my way and it will go bye bye soon...thanks

heres a pic of my rc. 38.5 tsl's 360 4spd 205 8 lug w/ 4:10's and my 87 4spd rc that i just sold

Attachments

• rc16.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 180
  • sample71.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 183
I see, so this bblk one I have is much heavier and seperated from tranny so what is it? I know the one that came orig in my 87rmchgr is the reg run of the mil prob 203...was hoping he could use it its in my way and it will go bye bye soon...thanks

Thier are divorces transfer cases and attached. I'm not sure if the divorced lighter duty is still a 203... But the gear-to-gear is always a 205. There's a bunch of types tho... GM, Ford, and Dodge all used them in various configurations.

205 cases came in married and divorced configurations... Most commonly married. Years could be earlier than 1972 and as late as 1993 as with cummins diesel trucks usually had them.

I am looking for any variation for my 1975 Trailduster with 37" tires, dana 60 axles and lockers...

In Arizona there are no good junk yards to get one apparently... When steel prices went high they scraped most of the older truck inventory. I don't mind paying for the shipping and everything... I just want to get one ASAP.....

Any help would be appreciated...

Sarge...

what years did they come in?

heres a pic of my rc. 38.5 tsl's 360 4spd 205 8 lug w/ 4:10's and my 87 4spd rc that i just sold

Nice Military look Ramcharger!

What did you get for it?

I would have liked that one too, I have 3 Ramchargers right now.. I seem to collect them....

The married 205 dodge transfer case is the same for the 435 np and 727 I have swapped them direct bolt in same lenght same adapter it sounds like you need the tail shaft and adapter for a 727 to a 205 hope this helps

Attachments

• tcase 001.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 138
  • tcase 002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 278
I think I might have a 205 transfercase from a powerwagon, but I'll hve to dig through my shed. to see. Let me know if your interested in it.

Yes, I need the adapter that is the item pictured on the end of the transmission that the t case mounts to.

It would be easiest to just buy the whole t-case with the adapter on it I think..

TL

The married 205 dodge transfer case is the same for the 435 np and 727 I have swapped them direct bolt in same lenght same adapter it sounds like you need the tail shaft and adapter for a 727 to a 205 hope this helps

If you have one let me know I want to buy one and just cannot seem to find one that is set up for the 727, only chevy...

I think I might have a 205 transfercase from a powerwagon, but I'll hve to dig through my shed. to see. Let me know if your interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back