22 ammo anyone have it yet??????

-
Wow! .10 and up per round of .22? Never thought I would see the day. Here in PA it is all scarce. Hunting season is coming up here and 30-30 is around 40.00 per 12. If you can find it!

I work in the gun business. Can't say alot more about it than that. I will ask around about some .22 cal stuff and see what I can dig up. Maybe I can find some for ya'll. I know it has been scarce, but there's stuff out there. It's a matter of finding it.

And this is precisely why there is a temporary shortage of ammunition. The makers of ammunition won't increase production because opening new factories for a temporary increase in demand doesn't make any sense.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

What about adding an extra shift to get through? Like running 3 shifts instead of 2. That's what they do in the automotive industry when the demand is higher than they expected and the orders are backing up....

Then when they "catch up", go back to one or two shifts....

They don't have to build another factory to do that...

I'm always looking for ammo.I have an edge.I'm a diesel Dummy and go to many different towns.I stumble on rare stuff all the time.I have a boat load of 9mms and .22 shells.I don't own a 9 mm weapon.You have to get to these stores as soon as they are open or at Wally world 0700

I'm down to about 300 .22 rounds. I guess I'll start complaining as well. DANG!

if ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND A BOX OR TWO OF .38 PISTOL SHOTSHELLS IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED (COPPERHEAD CONTROL IN THE POND) Overkill using a 16 Ga, scared of the ricochets DOING DAMAGE.

What about adding an extra shift to get through? Like running 3 shifts instead of 2. That's what they do in the automotive industry when the demand is higher than they expected and the orders are backing up....

Then when they "catch up", go back to one or two shifts....

They don't have to build another factory to do that...

They are doing that 24/7. Putting off major maintenance. They are at full capacity. Demand is outstripping the production.

If your defending yourself from big bro with a .22 your only hope is they die laughing at you , have you seen the armor they wear now ? Have you not seen how many people survive point blank rounds ? If your talking about plinking well there tons of ammo available up here , a quick check found Remington Thunderbolt 40gr. .22LR for 24.99 a 500 box , Yellowjacket 33gr for 10.12 a 100 box and subsonic hollow points for 7.95 a 100 box , for 9mm how about 115gr fmj for 12.99 a 50 box and that was the first place I looked so yes it's a demand problem and anyone hoarding 20k rounds of .22 has the kind of issues that probably should limit gun ownership eh !

PS for the kind of stuff most of you claim you need your guns for you should be using calibers that are cheaper to reload than buy new . I personally prefer the .338 Lapua Magnum but have been looking at adding a 7.62x51 PGW Coyote to my gun safe .

The government is trying to disarm us so we can't defend ourselves against them....

I agree Karl. but 22 rounds? I mean DAMN!?

Supply and demand for the 22 rounds went down, and they will catch up ONLY because 3/4th of the effin nation has stopped looking for it to buy as its simply "not there" to buy!!!!

If your defending yourself from big bro with a .22 your only hope is they die laughing at you , have you seen the armor they wear now ? Have you not seen how many people survive point blank rounds ? If your talking about plinking well there tons of ammo available up here , a quick check found Remington Thunderbolt 40gr. .22LR for 24.99 a 500 box , Yellowjacket 33gr for 10.12 a 100 box and subsonic hollow points for 7.95 a 100 box , for 9mm how about 115gr fmj for 12.99 a 50 box and that was the first place I looked so yes it's a demand problem and anyone hoarding 20k rounds of .22 has the kind of issues that probably should limit gun ownership eh !

PS for the kind of stuff most of you claim you need your guns for you should be using calibers that are cheaper to reload than buy new . I personally prefer the .338 Lapua Magnum but have been looking at adding a 7.62x51 PGW Coyote to my gun safe .

HYDRASHOCK! Try finding them now.

HYDRASHOCK! Try finding them now.

Hydrashock -actually Hydra Shok- have a tungsten rod down the center of the hollowpoint to increase expansion , while this actually reduces penetration the Canadian powers that be see it as a variation of AP rounds that use a hardened rod down the center of a FMJ to increase penetration and for that reason we don't get them for sale to the general public here in Canada however if you go to Webyshops.com in the US you will find them there at least in the caliber I picked at random which was .40 you didn't specify what cal you were looking for but it took me less time to find it than it did to type this .

...this is a conversation that wouldn't happen on a Canadian board. :) .just go down to Canadian Tire..they stock the stuff..

Why on earth would you want to defend yourself against your government that you elected....and the American election takes a long time from start to finish.. arn['y you sure by them ?

well Grassy much like our process they generally are stuck with the white cat / black cat option at election time , we just added the calico and tortoise shell into our arena eh ! It's not like they get to choose from anyone who actually has their interest over that of the puppeteers which is pretty much the same up here except the puppeteers up here include actual foreign governments .

PS our local Cambodian Tire Stores don't actually stock much ammo anymore they bring most of it in to order .

no it's the canadian invasion we are worried about. but a .22 is good enough you just shoot their beer bottles then they retreat back over

Zombie apocalypse now! Every one knows the only way to kill a zombie is with a .22.

On a less serious note. I have noticed a lot of people getting in to bows.

well Grassy much like our process they generally are stuck with the white cat / black cat option at election time , we just added the calico and tortoise shell into our arena eh ! It's not like they get to choose from anyone who actually has their interest over that of the puppeteers which is pretty much the same up here except the puppeteers up here include actual foreign governments .

PS our local Cambodian Tire Stores don't actually stock much ammo anymore they bring most of it in to order .

And your not from Atlantic canada where our vote counts for diddle squat.. and can we choose from someone other than the present three stooges ? But at lease we have a choice..many countries don't.

A bunch of our CTCs here just started selling guns / ammo again after getting out of it for years..

.22 required for zombies ! I guess I shall hold on to mine.

Got a couple sandwich bags of 22's at the local flea market a few weeks ago...under 20 bucks for 300...

I'm always looking for ammo.I have an edge.I'm a diesel Dummy and go to many different towns.I stumble on rare stuff all the time.I have a boat load of 9mms and .22 shells.I don't own a 9 mm weapon.You have to get to these stores as soon as they are open or at Wally world 0700

Again, we've got one guy sitting on 20K rounds of .22 and Bigdummy sitting on 9mm even though he doesn't own a 9 mm firearm.

I only partially blame the buyers of ammunition though, if there wasn't a persistent fear that ammunition was going to become unavailable than people wouldn't feel the need to horde. Once again it appears that Obama is both the best gun salesman and ammo salesman in the US.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Yep people are scared. Scared of what I don't know. Don't think they do either. If some .22 makes them feel secure so be it. You would think they would pick a better round but............

22s are cap guns. What gives? I could see 356, 9mm, etc, but 22 rounds?

I'm gonna start buying stock in Cobra BBs, next.

The government is trying to disarm us so we can't defend ourselves against them....

that's what I think, its a simple de-sensitizing tactic: firs they take away our .22s
then the 9MM
then the .35 specials
and when the .45 ACPs disappear no one will even shrug at it because its been happening

Our local Wally World had a special yesterday. 100 round boxes of CCI 22lr. Limit 3 boxes per customer. They went through 300 boxes in a few hours. $7.49 a box. My son and I each got 3 boxes. It seems if you can find it in stock online it is almost double the normal price.

I for one have my serious amount of different ammo stock piled for myself, friends and family if they can't find it. Really cleaned up on bulk ammo down in texas when I was hauling oil down there. My vault is almost full!! The Government can try and stop us from finding and buying it but it hasn't worked as of yet if you know where and when to look. I am not into plinking the .22 rounds but have connections for great bulk deals on that ammo if needed PM me will be happy to assist if I can.

-
Back