225 /6 into supersix!!

-

1975ValiantDuster

Reaction score
Hey guys just making sure apart from a new 2bbl manifold and 2bbl Carb. What else would I need to make my stock 225 slant six into a super six?

2.25" exhaust. The Super Six also had a hotter distributer advance.....believe it or not. lol

Air cleaner, kick-down linkage if it's going on an automatic, electric choke actuator and choke heater controller from the Super Six donor (or manual choke conversion), and a shorter throttle cable. You'll also need a way to block the EGR hole in the manifold if your engine doesn't use it.

On eBay right now, there are three listings (they aren't mine!) for some of the more troublesome parts to find: a rebuilt carb WITH the electric choke module, a throttle linkage WITH the kickdown link, and an air cleaner. You may want to think about snapping them up when you see them, so you don't have to pay high dollar when you need them. Even if you change your mind later, you probably won't lose money. Also, PM me if you want a VERY good deal on a Super Six manifold.

Don't waste your time,go 4 bbl.
Got $10 that says you will do it eventually. Been there done that.

On eBay right now, there are three listings (they aren't mine!) for some of the more troublesome parts to find: a rebuilt carb WITH the electric choke module, a throttle linkage WITH the kickdown link, and an air cleaner. You may want to think about snapping them up when you see them, so you don't have to pay high dollar when you need them. Even if you change your mind later, you probably won't lose money. Also, PM me if you want a VERY good deal on a Super Six manifold.

you guys do know the choke works just fine without the electric module right?

Yeah I saw those on eBay last night but. Don't get paused until Tuesday ;/ and I thought about the 4bbl but Its going to be a daily driver so I would like to have some money on gas
thanks guys

Yeah I saw those on eBay last night but. Don't get paused until Tuesday ;/ and I thought about the 4bbl but Its going to be a daily driver so I would like to have some money on gas
thanks guys
I went to a four barrel to lighten the load (I admit that bling was there also) the supply/delivery of cooler air to my little slant engine, yes I gained hp, but I also gained 4 to 6 mpg.The aluminum Offy and 390 cfm carb and the 2 1/4 exhaust with a good tune will do a bit better , even when it comes to finding, picking out what carb you want to run I had more choices :coffee2: so, jmo the 4 barrel intake works very well :hello2: I have had good advise and I listened to them here, I have a quit daily driver designed for daily use. :thumbup:

thanks guys

think of it this way, 4 small holes is going to divide up the air into smaller, more controlled charges than 2 holes...

a 4 will get better mpg properly tuned, mechanical secondary is even better.

I agree with everything on the 2-bbl vs 4. In the long run, if you score a good price on the 4-bbl manifold and carb, you will probably come in cheaper than a Super Six conversion. It is a royal PITA to track down all the bits, and you'll pay for them when you find them, unless you score big at a junkyard.

That said, it isn't impossible, it does some good,it's a stock option, and it's the question that he originally asked.

"you guys do know the choke works just fine without the electric module right? "

Yeah, but i put it on anyway. All it does is slow down the ramp-up to +12v so the choke opens slower. Here in Connecticut, that's a good thing.

Alright lol you guys convinced me! I'm going with the 4bbl. Lol I hope I don't regret. Along with this is my tran. Proper for a 4 bbl?

Alright lol you guys convinced me! I'm going with the 4bbl. Lol I hope I don't regret. Along with this is my tran. Proper for a 4 bbl?
All transmissions from ma Mopar is ready for a four Barrel.... kick down linkage and or go to a cable kick down from an after market that is adjustable.
Make sure and keep us updated when you find an intake you find so our members Johnny Dart, 805moparkid, RustyRatRod and Roads can make sure the adapter plate will be good to go with your carb you pick. You will not be disappointed =D>

Hahaha thanks guys I've never met people so kind to share there knowledge. One more Q. So all I need to make the cross over from a stock 225 to it a 4bbl is the Carb. And manifold and the kick down lick?

You'll need an air cleaner, and I think I read that the Holley 390 cfm that I have not yet installed will need some tuning/jet changes. Don't forget the bigger exhaust. Check Aggressive Ted's posts.

Oh, WELCOME!!

BC

.. So all I need to make the cross over from a stock 225 to it a 4bbl is the Carb. And manifold and the kick down lick?
A new 4 bbl aluminum manifold cost at least $250. A few lucky people got some Offy's for ~$100 a few months ago when J.C. Whitney listed them. I jumped, but too late since all were gone in a few hours.

My eventual plan is MPFI, just to be different. Pishta is doing that right now, so read his posts.

Thanks guys so on the shopping list is one 4bbl manifold and Carb., one kick down linkage, one new and bigger exhast, and air cleaner. Did I miss anything guys?

Did I miss anything ?

Big valve ported head,shaved for compression.
Camshaft,340 springs,Clifford headers.

One trick with the 4 bbl Offenhauser intake is that I recall you need an adapter plate to mount it to any carburetor. Many ebay ads are missing the plate, and the expensive kick-down lever. That plate gets it to an early square-bore pattern, like the Carter AFB used on 4 bbl 273's. I think you need an additional adapter to get to the later square-bore pattern. None of this may be correct, so read up yourself before buying.

Johnny Dart's list gets you into the engine rebuild area. All good stuff! The bits mentioned up to his post are all pretty much bolt-on. Some folks have opened up the head, raised compression and done the 2.5" exhaust and been happy with a well tuned one barrel carb. Decisions, decisions.....

BC

Just last week I was walking thru one of my local salvage yards and spotted a Aspen. Walking up to I saw it had its Super Six/Auto Package. I only had limited tools, so I loosened up as much as I could...Went back the next morning and got the complete setup...Only spent probably 30 minutes total and $75.... Got it squirreled away for later.

For all you Slant6 folk...Check Out AussieSpeed They love 6-Cylinders and make lots of stuff for them..They even make a Supercharger Intake for the /6......WOW!

Here's a link for their /6 stuff...but they offer a lot of stuff for other engines.
http://www.aussiespeed.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10&Itemid=33

-
Back