Not open for further replies.

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good usable super six set up. I would like it as complete as possible. It'll be shipped to Oklahoma city or I can pick it up if it isn't too far of a drive.

I have a 1974 duster 6 cyl 225 C.I. from the RG engine family that is complete from carb to oil pan.I took it out 3 weeks ago with 55,000 miles. It ran like a charm when I took it out. (going to a V-8) I can forward you pics. the only possible issue I can for see is shipping because I live in northern Maine, quite a ride. pm me for price if still interested
thanks

this is an odd six in the local yard. Kaiser six cylinder. Might even be late forties, before
Nash and Kaiser/Frazer merged in 1954 to create AMC. I would try contacting Steve Magnante, a contributor to Car Craft magazine, he is knowledgeable about those engines.

Attachments

• 100_3688.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_3689.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_3690.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 254
boy..... if this( super sonic ) is what Redram is looking for, it is far from what I thought he was looking for

I'm pretty sure what RedRam is looking for is the 2-Barrel Setup that came on 76-^ F-bodies etc. It was a special package on Slant 6's with a 2-Barrel intake, BBD carb, special linkage, bigger exhaust, etc.

GAmoparMan is correct. I'm just looking for the 2 barrel carb setup that came factory on cars and trucks in the late 70s. I need the intake manifold, carb, kickdown linkage, choke thermostat, etc. Shouldn't be too hard to come by. But I've called several salvage yards locally and nobody has anything.

About 10 years ago my grandpa was fixing up his old 83 short wide ram to give to my cousin as a first vehicle. My grandpa had bought it new and used it as work truck. Non air, manual brakes, 225 3 speed stick. It had been sitting around for several years after he had bought a 94 ram (that was given to me). The 83 ram sat for awhile and the head gasket went bad, filled the cylinder with water and bent a few valves. We went to a salvage yard to find a better head to have rebuilt and he wanted to get rid of the air breather ECU smog stuff. I was too young to care. But we found a van with an aluminum 2 barrel intake and super six setup. If I remember correctly, he paid like $50 or so for the whole head, intake, carb, air cleaner assembly, distributor, etc. Sadly my cousin pulled the slant out to install a 440. The engine swap didn't happen and the truck shortly after went to scrap with new wheels, tires, paint and interior.

The Intake's came in 2 flavors: Aluminum and Iron

Due to poor workmanship on the Aluminum ones, the Iron intake is the 1 to find/use.

I have 4 Super Six setups out in the shop, but their all earmarked for projects.

If you can't find anything in the local yards, check Craigslist. I just bought the 78 Aspen sedan for $500 locally....I bought it mainly for interchangable parts for my Aspen wagon, The Super Six setup was a bonus and not uncommon in these cars.

Once you find a setup, I highly recommend National Carburetor for sourcing a carb if you don't have a good one, and the Electric choke #1232 from BFIC Carbsonly

for a Intake and exhaust gasket - nothing beats Remflex 6008 and 6006

Use the 2.25 exhaust gasket as a pattern and hog out the manifold to match, Add a 2.25 exhaust and your in good shape

Next thing would be to dial in your timing with a custom tune - you can contact [email protected] for a spring kit he makes for Slant 6's.

Only other things left on the table of easy is - shaving the head for a CC boost and Multi-spark ignition.

I have 2 spoted I am to go get. I hurt my shoulder 1 month ago, and just now getting where I can use that arm ANY. I will be selling one, maybe both, but not sure if for auto or sticks till I see them.

Let me know when you get them. If they are for a stick I should be able to still use it. I can always run a kickdown cable instead of linkage

The Intake's came in 2 flavors: Aluminum and Iron

Due to poor workmanship on the Aluminum ones, the Iron intake is the 1 to find/use.

I have 4 Super Six setups out in the shop, but their all earmarked for projects.

If you can't find anything in the local yards, check Craigslist. I just bought the 78 Aspen sedan for $500 locally....I bought it mainly for interchangable parts for my Aspen wagon, The Super Six setup was a bonus and not uncommon in these cars.

Once you find a setup, I highly recommend National Carburetor for sourcing a carb if you don't have a good one, and the Electric choke #1232 from BFIC Carbsonly

for a Intake and exhaust gasket - nothing beats Remflex 6008 and 6006

Use the 2.25 exhaust gasket as a pattern and hog out the manifold to match, Add a 2.25 exhaust and your in good shape

Next thing would be to dial in your timing with a custom tune - you can contact [email protected] for a spring kit he makes for Slant 6's.

Only other things left on the table of easy is - shaving the head for a CC boost and Multi-spark ignition.

What carburetor exactly did you purchase from National Carburetor. I have a super six setup and the carter carb is junk. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back