Not open for further replies.

brodphish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the air cleaner and valve covers. Also might be interested in the intake manifold, carb and possibly a set of heads.

So I should back up here a bit. The car is a 65 Barracuda from the AZ / CA area that is a really clean "survivor" car with no apparent rust. It has what I believe it 1 repaint in the original light blue. It originally had a 2bbl 273 but over the years it was replaced with an early date code 66 Commando verified with a bore scope. The cam and lifters were replaced last fall. The cam is slightly more aggressive than stock. The new lifters are hydraulic which is what was already in the car. When this work was done, it was determined the heads had different intake bolt sizes. So it's likely a 65-66 and a 67 head on the car. Know knows how that thappened. It was frustrating for the shop but they got it back together. It runs and sounds great (as it did before the work was done, now it's even better). But I'd like to get proper matching heads on the car with the right dress up parts for the commando. Right now it's got an Offy 360 intake manifold with a Quardajet carb so the engine is a mutt that runs strong and sounds great. I'd be interested in any parts to help get to a stock looking Commando. The car is worth it.

273.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

64mopar64 had all these parts including the intake manifold and maybe a dual point distributer. They need to be restored but these are getting harder to find. He is a good guy. I have bought from him and his word is solid. His intake will be 1967 the bolt angle will be different than 64 and 65. Otherwise you will need his heads to rebuild. Good luck.

I definitely have some heads...

Maybe a carb, but I would have to look...

Looking for the air cleaner and valve covers. Also might be interested in the intake manifold, carb and possibly a set of heads.
I may have some of those parts depending on which year you're looking for.

You'll have to decide whether you want to go with the '64-5 (315 casting) heads, the '66-7 (920 casting) heads, or later 675 casting heads. That will let us know which intake to look for. For looks, you want the '65 valve covers? C.A.P or non-C.A.P. air cleaner? Numbers matching dual point distributor for '65? 3853 or 3854 Carter AFB?

So I should back up here a bit. The car is a 65 Barracuda from the AZ / CA area that is a really clean "survivor" car with no apparent rust. It has what I believe it 1 repaint in the original light blue. It originally had a 2bbl 273 but over the years it was replaced with an early date code 66 Commando verified with a bore scope. The cam and lifters were replaced last fall. The cam is slightly more aggressive than stock. The new lifters are hydraulic which is what was already in the car. When this work was done, it was determined the heads had different intake bolt sizes. So it's likely a 65-66 and a 67 head on the car. Know knows how that thappened. It was frustrating for the shop but they got it back together. It runs and sounds great (as it did before the work was done, now it's even better). But I'd like to get proper matching heads on the car with the right dress up parts for the commando. Right now it's got an Offy 360 intake manifold with a Quardajet carb so the engine is a mutt that runs strong and sounds great. I'd be interested in any parts to help get to a stock looking Commando. The car is worth it.

View attachment 1716175364

View attachment 1716175365
1964 and 1965 273 heads have a common bolt angle. 1966 and up have a different bolt angle than 1964 and 65. You just need to know what year of heads you have and get the intake manifold that matches that respective year. The year of the engine blocks does not matter. If you have a 64/65 head on one side of the engine and a 66 and up head on the other side of the engine I would choose to get rid of the 64/65 head and replace it with a 66 and up head. That would give you more options of what intake manifold you could choose.

The valve covers are sold but the remainder of the 67 Commando remains including intake manifold, Carter AFB, all linkages and brackerts, air cleaner. Only one person was interested in the engine / trans package so now I'm starting to break it up.

The valve covers are sold but the remainder of the 67 Commando remains including intake manifold, Carter AFB, all linkages and brackerts, air cleaner. Only one person was interested in the engine / trans package so now I'm starting to break it up.
Hey 64mopar64 can you PM me I’m interested in the heads, manifold, carb and intake. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the site and can’t figure out the PM feature at the moment.

Hey 64mopar64 can you PM me I’m interested in the heads, manifold, carb and intake. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the site and can’t figure out the PM feature at the moment.
Click on his name under his avatar picture and then "start conversation"

I'd pull the valve covers and check the head castings numbers you have on the car first. I have an extra set of 65 Commando covers and an air cleaner. What transmission are you running?

It’s got the 4 speed. It’s a Hurst I think they all were. Good idea I’ll pull the valve covers and get the casting numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back