273, fuel pump eccentric & oil filter adaptor questions

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Finally getting my 273 together, the fuel pump eccentric was grooved some, called all around and nobody has one. Should it be okay to use as is? Do they ever fail? Should the bolt be loctited? Looking through my gasket set I didn't see the fiber gasket for the right angle oil filter adapter? Is this something I can get at an auto parts store?
Thanks
Aaron

good luck on the fiber gasket. The eccentric is a yard piece, but even a grooved one will work fine. loctite the bolt if you want but they concave washer does the job, torque to 35 ft.lbs

Why use the old one or a junk yard piece when Ma Mopar makes a new one that will last as long as you do. LOL

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4120484

I wish there were directions with good photos about the adapter gaskets. I can't remember the correct placement of the thick and thin gaskets. tmm

mancini also sells the fuel pump eccentric.

Decided on reusing my old eccentric. Will double check gasket set, hoperfully I just overlooked the fiber (thin gasket). Knew I shouldn't have cleaned out the garage this summer, threw about 3 gakset sets away(a mix of leftovers). One more question on the oil filter adapter, I had a brain fart and can't remember wich way the oil filter pointed, was it down and to the back, seems like every way I held it didn't seem right.
Aaron

The filter should point towards the rear but I like it pointed a bit down. It will prevent the filter from draining back. tmm

-
Back