273 intake manifold leak

-

specialcuda

jimmy
Reaction score
Hello, could someone tell me what that hole is for, sometimes a little coolant comes out

IMG-20221223-WA0001.jpg

Could be your intake gasket is seeping around that front coolant port, and existing out that open manifold hole.

Can try retightening the intake manifold bolts to help seal it up.

Screenshot_20221223-085931_Gallery.jpg

it doesn't always do it, sometimes randomly
See post #5. Use those gaskets if you need to switch gaskets. I agree to retorque the intake bolts and it should go away. If the heads of your bolts take a 1/2 inch wrench, you can only tighten them to 210 inch pounds. They look like 3/8 in bolts with a 9/16 wrench head and should be tightened to 30 foot pounds. Just check to be sure.

See post #5. Use those gaskets if you need to switch gaskets. I agree to retorque the intake bolts and it should go away. If the heads of your bolts take a 1/2 inch wrench, you can only tighten them to 210 inch pounds. They look like 3/8 in bolts with a 9/16 wrench head and should be tightened to 30 foot pounds. Just check to be sure.
Ok thank's

More often than not, that tin stat house leaks, (which is why I stopped using those, years ago), and it dumps fluid onto the top of the timing cover. I suppose those holes could catch and hold that leakage.
Plus I installed studs there so I could tighten the chitout of them without wearing out the threads. Good luck.

More often than not, that tin stat house leaks, (which is why I stopped using those, years ago), and it dumps fluid onto the top of the timing cover. I suppose those holes could catch and hold that leakage.
Plus I installed studs there so I could tighten the chitout of them without wearing out the threads. Good luck.
This ^^^^ is what I would look for.

if you replace the 'stat housing you can get new cast iron ones from NAPA - more leak resistant than the aluminum ones (IMHO).

-
Back