275/60-15 on dart?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
Will 275/60-15 drag radials fit a 69 dart with offset spring kit on 8 inch 4 3/4 bs rims for track mostly.Any help would be appreciated,Thanks Kevin.

Greetings.... Yes they should fit as I am running that combo on my 71 Demon...offset kit a must...James

thats what I use under my duster
stock shackel the leaft spring are
at factory emplacement

Everything needs to be PERFECT to get them in your wells.

I have them onmy dart but it's mini tubbed and leafs are moved in board

"I have them on my dart but it's mini tubbed and leafs are moved in board"

I have the same set up on a 65 dart which is narrower by 1.5" I run a 4.5 BS on the wheels with room to spare. Be aware of the quarters and understand the upward travel.

I have them on mine. NO modifications to the car, other than heavy duty shocks. I didn't even need to clearance the wheelwell lips. It's all about doing your homework on back spacing.

Keep in mind that Dusters, Dart Sport, and Demons have bigger wheel wells due to their bulged rear quarters.

The Dart 2DrHt has less room. Buy a Percy wheel tool and do it right the first time.

Keep in mind that Dusters, Dart Sport, and Demons have bigger wheel wells due to their bulged rear quarters.

The Dart 2DrHt has less room. Buy a Percy wheel tool and do it right the first time.

Thats what i was going to say. I also have a 71 dart an am looking to put 275/60/15 on it . i have seen every bs out there and none are the same. and if someone does have some on a dart not a duster or dart sport. i would love to see them. and your b/s also.

My Dart has the springs moved in 3/4 of an inch with an 8 inch wheel and a 5.5 inch back spacing and I had to cut the lip and push the quarter panel out and the tires still rub if I turn to sharp.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 787
Springs in stock location, wheel lip got trimmed a little, wheels are 15x7.5 with 4 7/8 BS but have a 1/2 spacer behind them. Tires are 275 60s and they barely fit. Plan to move the springs in and loose the spacers, but they are not rubbing as they are. I added a leaf to the stock springs.

PuppiesStuff106.jpg

Thats what i was going to say. I also have a 71 dart an am looking to put 275/60/15 on it . i have seen every bs out there and none are the same. and if someone does have some on a dart not a duster or dart sport. i would love to see them. and your b/s also.

here is a pic of my 73 dart. it has had the springs moved in and the inner wheel lip folded in. i am running a weld drag lite in a 15x8 with 4.5 inches of back spacing and some M/T 275/60/15 et street drag radials. they was close to the front of the 1/4 panel. but i ran them that way for a while and no rubbing. but sense then have moved the rear springs back a inch for when i go to bigger tires. here are some pics hope this helps.thanks mopar65 :cheers:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 646
  • 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 642
  • 100_0518 (Large).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 609
-
Back