3 quick problems

-
On aligning the door, you need to align it to the quarter panel, and rocker panel. Then the fenders are aligned from using the door for a reference. The bolts on the door will allow the door to move in, and out. Top, bottom, or both. Keep them just loose enough to move the door. The other bolts that hold the hinge to the A pillar will allow the door to move front to back. Do not use the door latch to hold the door in alignment. It's to keep the door closed, not support the door weight. Also if your door latch pin area on the body is cracked, fix that first. A bodies are known for this.

Nice.
I like to take the post off when aligning a door so the latch doesn't interfere.

would a locksmith be able to rekey it while it's still intact and in the car? That above all else would probably be the easiest and least painful scenario. I didn't think that could be done but if it can be ...
If you want a good price from a locksmith you will deliver the lock cylinder to his table. Go back and pick it up later.
Some will generate a key to fit it ( that's the slower process ), others take the cylinder apart to identify or alter the tumblers.

If you want a good price from a locksmith you will deliver the lock cylinder to his table. Go back and pick it up later.
Some will generate a key to fit it ( that's the slower process ), others take the cylinder apart to identify or alter the tumblers.

Thanks, good to know for sure. I guess I'll be climbing into the trunk then lol

My 71 sport fury had no trunk key, pulled seat and reached in and released latch. Popped lock, took it apart and re-assembled with no tumblers or springs.
Would open with any key, or even a dime for that matter.

My 71 sport fury had no trunk key, pulled seat and reached in and released latch. Popped lock, took it apart and re-assembled with no tumblers or springs.
Would open with any key, or even a dime for that matter.

Not sure I like the idea of an open key but I guess if nobody knows it’s set like that it’s probably not that unsecure. I’m not opposed to spending a little bit of money to have this done the right way with only a single key working. I wonder if they can key it to the ignition key, that would be the best of the scenarios probably.

Only my friends knew about the trunk, thats where the beer was.

-
Back