318 4bbl kickdown linkage

-

weldedrail

Reaction score
I have a 318 that I have put an Eddy 4bbl carb and intake on. I finnally got the correct throttle cable bracket and now the gas pedal works again but I obiously need a different kickdown linkage and maybe a different curved arm that attaches to the cable bracket and pivots, (the pictures of the 4bbl one look slightly different).

Can I just heat up and bend the kickdown arm I have and make it work or does anybody know where I could find the correct kickdown arm that would work. I saw a complete setup on ebay but it was $150 and I just need the one piece. Does anybody sell this or am I headed to the wrecking yards?

My new bracket, needs paint just test fitting it.
vbpgimage.php

My original 2bbl kickdown arm, obious interferance with bracket.
vbpgimage.php

I put a Mancini Racing kick down cable kit on my 318 - 904 Dart with a TQ 4 barrel. It was easy to install. It was $65 plus shipping. I have only driven the car once for about two miles after 4 years of work. So have not tested how the kick down works yet.

Ya Aftermarket is way better I have a lokar kickdown cable you can have for 45$ shipped I paid around 70$

I have the same basic set up on my car and the linkage is sloppy and hits the transmission body. I didn't know there was a cable kit, but now I know and I am buying it! I don't have a close up pic here at work, but this is as close as I can get. The pieces of linkage should be easy to find or manufacture. Still, the cable will move freely with no binding or hitting.

View attachment Electric choke.jpg

Can someone please post exactly which throttle cable, kickdown kit, and mounting bracket I'll need from Lokar to do this? I'm have a helluva time trying to figure out which parts I'll need! Just looking for a straight forward, "order this, this, and this" type answer. I have the exact same setup as the above minus the throttle cable bracket, which I'm not sure which one to get either, or where to get it from. Any help appreciated, I want to get this ordered ASAP so I can finally get my WOT and correct shifting set back up and actually drive the Duster!!!!

Can someone please post exactly which throttle cable, kickdown kit, and mounting bracket I'll need from Lokar to do this? I'm have a helluva time trying to figure out which parts I'll need! Just looking for a straight forward, "order this, this, and this" type answer. I have the exact same setup as the above minus the throttle cable bracket, which I'm not sure which one to get either, or where to get it from. Any help appreciated, I want to get this ordered ASAP so I can finally get my WOT and correct shifting set back up and actually drive the Duster!!!!
I too had that question. This is the response I got direct from Lokar.
Throttle cable and bracket: DP-1000HT for stainless 91.95
DP-1000U for black 81.95

Kickdown cable: KD-2904HT for stainless 92.95
KD-2904 for black 92.95
There you go!

done...i'll take it. what about the bracket that was originally on the intake nearest the kd? the link for the throttle cable will totally eliminate that right? i'm new to this site, so i'm trying to figure out how to pm you. but consider it sold!

Great that you can find a used one. If you have a question on what part will work in the future I recommend MANCINIRACING.COM, they are mopars only and they have some of there own parts at a lower price than the name brands like Summit does. Just got my tags and insurance for my Dart and hope to get it out for a test in the next week. I see your in GA. too.

Yes, and he sent it the morning after I paid for it, just got it today, and it's installed, and shifts like a dream. Couldn't be happier. I'm tired of wrenching, time to drive this thing for a while until the next upgrades! Yes, I'm in GA unfortunately. Stationed here. My wife is deployed until next month...ughhhhhh I'm SO ready for her to be home (she left in April)!!!!!!!

Ok so I THOUGHT I had it set perfectly, but the shifting is still a little off. Also, oil pressure is at about 10 psi while idling, so I guess I've got a few kinks to work out still. Just wanna be done with it!

My oil psi is about 10 in gear at idle also and its a fresh rebuilt engine with maybe 4500 on it

-
Back