318 build.

-
Need more information:

1. What is your intended driving style and regular use of the car?

2. Was the Demon originally a 318 automatic, or 3spd manual on the floor?

3. Did the Demon originally come with a 340 automatic, that the 340 blew up so they put in the roller 318?

4. What is your rear gear ratio and does it have 14" or 15" wheels?

If the Demon came original with a 340, then it likely has the 8 3/4 rear end with possibly 3.23 or 3.55 gear ratio?

☆☆☆☆☆
Just street,my challenger necer rvs over 5500 so thats my syle. Itvwas a slant six previous owner pit in a 318 never a standarf. I want it to run decent it has a small 273 rear or something close

Thumper small one .514 intake .494 ex 107ls
IMG_6224.png

I have had great luck with the Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carbs on the roller 318 engines.

Pefect calibration with no goofing around jetting, good throttle response, good idle, and handy electric choke too.

They run out nice on many other engines on the engine test run stand too, like a stock build 360, besides the 318s.

20240306_180203.jpg

'89 Roller 318 ^^^ pictured here.

☆☆☆☆☆

I have had great luck with the Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carbs on the roller 318 engines.

Pefect calibration with no goofing around jetting, good throttle response, good idle, and handy electric choke too.

They run out nice on many other engines on the engine test run stand too, like a stock build 360, besides the 318s.

View attachment 1716232290

'89 Roller 318 ^^^ pictured here.

☆☆☆☆☆
IMG_6225.png

Will the 3.51 sure grip work for me. I was going to go buy one today if that will work for me but if it’s not gonna work I don’t want to purchase it.

Will the 3.51 sure grip work for me. I was going to go buy one today if that will work for me but if it’s not gonna work I don’t want to purchase it.
you haven't given us any information to utilize as a basis for recommendations.

but sure, a 3.5 gear will work.

will it work for what you're trying to do? who knows!

Really love the thumper sound and just drive around town, car shows. Smoky burn outs fun stuff. If i can get it to beat my 392 Challenger that would be awesome. Thats only a 123 sec car. Maybe a test and tune. I know very little about tuning. Next next winter a 4” stroke possibility

Really love the thumper sound and just drive around town, car shows. Smoky burn outs fun stuff. If i can get it to beat my 392 Challenger that would be awesome. Thats only a 123 sec car. Maybe a test and tune. I know very little about tuning. Next next winter a 4” stroke possibility

I am trying to guess your age, by the comments being posted?????

☆☆☆☆☆

Im gonna put headers on it next. Those are the 72’ 340 cast iron on there now

with what you have, a bunch of converter and gear might make it passable. the compression is still gonna make soggy on the bottom. but it'd be fine around town and sound cool.

honestly though, i'd say ditch the single plane and throw on a air gap with 600~750 add some stall and gear and it'd probably be a hoot around town.

if you want to do something to correct the compression, then it's a whole different ball game.

with what you have, a bunch of converter and gear might make it passable. the compression is still gonna make soggy on the bottom. but it'd be fine around town and sound cool.

honestly though, i'd say ditch the single plane and throw on a air gap with 600~750 add some stall and gear and it'd probably be a hoot around town.

if you want to do something to correct the compression, then it's a whole different ball game.
Yes it is the dual llane with the gap

So, it doesn't matter to you if it won't pull a greasy string outta a cat's *** as long as it sounds good. Then I say go for it.

So, it doesn't matter to you if it won't pull a greasy string outta a cat's *** as long as it sounds good. Then I say go for it.
The video I put up is it supposed to sound like that. I can smoothn it out by adding timing #3 plug after warm up.

IMG_6241.jpeg

it'd be a hellvua lot easier to help if you would communicate in complete sentences and use correct terms and names for things, or at least something close to that.

if you give us the details of what you have, instead of little bits and bobs and piece meal info and rando pics we might have a better understanding of what you have and be able to assist.

for instance, i was working from the assumption that you had a single plane based on the first photo that obscured the manifold. i now know by putting together you cryptic description, the jegs screen shot and the pic in the post above that you have a dual plane.

so start with the details: what distributor, timing curve, initial timing, which carb, which plugs, fuel, transmission, stall, gear, tire height.

anything else on the motor besides, 9:1 compression and a thumpr cam with a dual plane?

it'd be a hellvua lot easier to help if you would communicate in complete sentences and use correct terms and names for things, or at least something close to that.

if you give us the details of what you have, instead of little bits and bobs and piece meal info and rando pics we might have a better understanding of what you have and be able to assist.

for instance, i was working from the assumption that you had a single plane based on the first photo that obscured the manifold. i now know by putting together you cryptic description, the jegs screen shot and the pic in the post above that you have a dual plane.

so start with the details: what distributor, timing curve, initial timing, which carb, which plugs, fuel, transmission, stall, gear, tire height.

anything else on the motor besides, 9:1 compression and a thumpr cam with a dual plane?
Yeah, like what does post #45 even mean?

Where is Dan when we Need him? He'll know what to do... :lol:
trade it for an 80's LX 5.0 and one of them accessory pulley's that gives ya +25hp, def gonna need some 40 series flowmasters to make it sound cool, too.

-
Back