318 to 360 motor swap. 1974 Plymouth scamp

-
Just go to the parts store and tell them that you have a 90's truck (Ram, Dakota, Jeep) with a 5.2 L or 5.9L in it and they should list the mini starter for them.... I believe that they all took the mini starter...

I don't think Jeep fits. They are on the PASSENGER side

I know for a fact that 98 Jeep motors have the starter on the passenger's side.

treblig

I believe it's a 600, never been rebuilt to my knowledge. But it's tired and id rather replace it.

I've heard lots of good reviews for the Holleys I figured 750 would give it to much fuel. I was looking into a cam with about a .480 lift

Even the old 93 -98 with the 5.2 and 5.9???
Jeeps had passenger side starters long before then. They're passenger side starter to clear the driver's side drop. The 5.2/5.9 Jeeps did as well- it was a (technically) unique bell that despite the same bolt pattern had the starter provisions on the passenger side. Starter's probably same as I6 not driver side 5.2/5.9 Dodge. IIRC the mini-starter started use by them in '88 but the '93+s all had them.

Got the b&m flexplate on the way. SEDANMAN, you mentioned a neutral converter? Could you elaborate?

Got the b&m flexplate on the way. SEDANMAN, you mentioned a neutral converter? Could you elaborate?

318s are internally balanced, or neutral balanced. 360's are externally balanced, and require a special weighted balancer, and a special either weighted flywheel or weighted converter. That's because "that's the way" Chrysler added the weights.........to the converter instead of the flex plate.

"Handily" BM makes several aftermarket flex plates to allow 318 neutral converters to be used with a 360

Magnums are weighted differently than are LA 360s, but on them the weights are on the flex plate. Also the bolt pattern on Mag converters is symmetrical, rather than the one index bolt "off" with older LA, which "keys" the converter to the proper place re: the engine crank.

-
Back