318 to a 360 motor mounts

-

jglover_81

Reaction score
I have a 72 Scamp original 318 car that I am building a 360 to replace it. My FIL said his 74 Scamp had to have 360 motor mounts on one side. Is this true and if it is which side? Thanks

the 360 driver side is different then the 318...the 318 mount is wider..you can still use the 318 mount ..just need to shim it..

passenger side mounts are the same on 318-360.

the 360 driver side is different then the 318...the 318 mount is wider..you can still use the 318 mount ..just need to shim it..

passenger side mounts are the same on 318-360.

Careful, you'll get the wrath.... LOL

As long as the mount has a set of holes that will line up you can shim it. If it doesn't have the high mount in the rear on drivers side, you'll likely need to weld a tab. The 360 may have a different hole location on rear ears.

oh..sorry..the ones I have used I could shim it....oh please spare me....lol

I gotta go work on a Duster...bye

Lol I will take some measurements when I get home. I am hoping they are close since the 318 is a 72 and the 360 is a 73

i bought all new mounts (needed new bushings) for a 318 and shimmed it up. kinda sketchy but o well

I used 318 mounts on my 360 block and had no issues. 73 Dart Sport and a 92 360 magnum block. I used Schumacher mounts and a Schumacher torque strap.

this is a great thread ...I have an upcoming plan to put a 360 into a 72 Demon which is a 318 car now but I was unsure what was going to be needed in the motor mounts department.

as long as the car was a v8 originally youll be fine. one side bolts on to the frame and the other lowers into a groove. if it had a /6 in it well theres a kit for that

my car was also a manual trans, and with the auto setup everything still worked fine. hardest part was getting the dam starter in there around long tube headers. correct me if im wrong but you want to bolt up the starter before droppin it in?

I used 318 mounts on my 360 block and had no issues. 73 Dart Sport and a 92 360 magnum block. I used Schumacher mounts and a Schumacher torque strap.

Were your 318 mounts schumacher? Reason I ask is because I have 318 schumacher mounts but now installing a 360 and was reading up last night that the schumacher mounts are different from 318 to 360

Were your 318 mounts schumacher? Reason I ask is because I have 318 schumacher mounts but now installing a 360 and was reading up last night that the schumacher mounts are different from 318 to 360

All my mounts were Schumacher except the tranny mount because I was an idiot and ordered a 904 transmission mount instead of the GM 200R4 mount I needed. I bought the tranny mount at NAPA.

-
Back