318willrun entry for cheap, friendly race

-
I know this is an old thread, but something else to consider on Magnum motors is that the plenum gasket on the bottom of the intake is likely leaking or blow, causing oil consumption and a lean condition. If you introduce any ECU tuning, it will probably also introduce pinging. Hughes Engines sells a kit with aluminum plate to cure this issue for about 200 bucks. Take a peak down through the butterflies and see if there is any oil residue pooling in the intake. Who knows....it could be worth a few tenths just in itself.

I'm hoping to get down to the strip to see if I improved or not on the mods I already did. Just weather keeps raining, and I've been very busy.... but I will get there. I do know about the intake plenums.......

made it down, and ran the same numbers. As I mention prior, it was much more bold on part throttle, but did not feel it was any stronger under wide open throttle. this proved to be true. Problem, I feel, is I increased air, but not fuel. This is the problem with FI and no MAS to help it out for the extra air. I know I can get a program and larger injectors, but not sure if I want to go very deep into this truck. Lot of stuff I'm trying to get done, so I don't know if I'll try to increase fuel or not. But, had fun tonight anyways...

-
Back