340/360 Drivers Exhaust Manifold ID?

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy peoples! I have a 68 340 motor that came with only the drivers side manifold. I’m trying to identify it, but the casting number doesn’t show up in my books. A fine young gun is looking for a drivers side manifold for his 69 Dart project, he’s putting in a 5.9 magnum, and I told him I would try to check the application on this one before I sent it to him. The casting number is 3870337-1, which I thought looked like a truck manifold. Anybody know what the application is for this?

7BAA8583-83D2-4781-A117-DDA07F38E05E.jpeg

24288EDD-09FF-4653-9E13-F45D73C006BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a B/E body manifold, although some say it will work on certain A bodies.
This from TTI's website:
1678550147495.png

Note it says 3870337, not 3970337. That's what your casting number appears to be.

None of those numbers on that tti list are for anything 70 down in an a body. The first two aren't even A body numbers, they are B/E manifolds.

Anything with a 38 beginning number is going to likely be later than 75 for fit. B drivers side don't usually play well on A body cars.

Pictured in the TTI is the B body style.

This is an 67-76 A body style 340-360 driver side. The steering column is an issue and addressed.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
None of those numbers on that tti list are for anything 70 down in an a body. The first two aren't even A body numbers, they are B/E manifolds.

Anything with a 38 beginning number is going to likely be later than 75 for fit. B drivers side don't usually play well on A body cars.

This is an 67-76 A body style 340-360 driver side. The steering column is an issue and addressed.

View attachment 1716062404

Your picture is of a ’72 and later drivers side A body 340/360 manifold. The ‘68 to ‘71 drivers side didn‘t have the extra casting/ears up top for the stove pipe mounting.

Last edited:

View attachment 1716062404
That is not what was on the ‘73 - ‘76 340 - 360 A bodies had on them and yes I know’73 was the last year for a 340 but my brother owned a ‘76 Duster original 360 Hi-po car and the manifold on the driver side looked the manifold in Greg’s picture. Also note the stovepipe on that manifold is pretty hard to find.

I appreciate all the replies, guys. I do know that my book only goes up to 74, and the lst listed casting in my book is 384, that’s kinda why I was questioning it. I know it’s not original to the motor, it was on there when I got the motor. So far, there has been no A body later than 71 where my parts and cars are coming from, but there is a lot of trucks and truck stuff. Just guessing that the motor was in a truck, but again that was just a guess. It also had a pair of 73 and later 340/360 spool motor mounts. The young gun messaged me today and told me he found what he was looking for, but I’d still like to ID this manifold. I saw a clean one on eBay, where it was easy to read the casting number, and I’m sure it’s a 3870337 manifold. The one on eBay didn’t have the stove pipe on it tho, so it was easy to read the casting number.

It’s a 68 340 motor, X heads and original intake. In the context of where I got it, it seems out of place with the exhaust manifold and spool mount motor mounts, there’s nothing like that there at all. The son I got it from has no clue where it came from or what it was in.
Greg the motor you showed has a car pan on it.

-
Back