340 /360

-
SSG Karg, that build would be my first, but cash would be a problem//have a 030 over 440 12/1 manleys, d.c. cam 312/590, 4200 stall and 5/57 rear,used to class race at e-town in the late 80's and hit 7200 threw the lights,,best was 11/59 at 117 in a 65 sattilite, was wanting to repeat this build but 2000 is my budget and stroker kit has every thing i need in a package

My personal experience with the Torker. In 1978, I got a Torker in a deal from another guy (yeah, we've all had those). Intake was clean and I had to have it. I got a stock 360 out of a 73 Charger from a boneyard with 36,000 miles on it and it had good compression. I tore the motor down a little and replaced the cam with a Direct Connection purple shaft and lifers, added '70 340 2.02 heads, a double roller timing chain, 600 Holley, 273 adjustable rockers and Heddman headers. This was on my 77 Volare. That went into a stock 4-speed (NO overdrive) car. Also had to get a 360 flywheel to make it work. Long story short, the Torker SUCKED as a street intake. This was for a daily driver. On cold or cool days, it would stumble. No heat on the intake. Below 3000 RPM, car was a dog. Drank gas and most unpleasant to drive. However, once the tach hit 3000 and up, she FLEW! As long as you stayed on it, it rocked, but if you had to use it as a driver to get to work and school, it was a dog. Eventually, I sold it and got a big block but I never forgot that Torker motor. Live and learn. For a street motor, not good. For a race motor, good.

Greg

-
Back