340 90 degree oil adaptor diagram

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
do one of you happen to have a diagram on how to mount the adaptor?

I just want to make sure I have all the gaskets and seals in place before I button her up.

Thanks,

Doug

No diagram, but there is a gasket for the filter housing and another for the large bolt. Mine is angled toward the firewall, with the filter slightly below a horizontal line.

as is mine. to the rear and slightly down.the angle is a relative kind of thing. just make sure that you can get at the filter. good luck.

This is the only pic I could find

P1010122 (Small).JPG

No diagram, but there is a gasket for the filter housing and another for the large bolt. Mine is angled toward the firewall, with the filter slightly below a horizontal line.
I have the big round gasket, small steel gasket for the big bolt that attaches the thing but also a small cork gasket that looks like it slips over the mounting bolt between the adaptor and block. Does that sound right?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

That is the way I installed mine. It makes sense too because the cork gasket would get destroyed if you put it under the bolt.

Make sure to rotate the mount almost 180 degrees from how it is show in the picture you found, that will position the filter in the correct spot

do one of you happen to have a diagram on how to mount the adaptor?

I just want to make sure I have all the gaskets and seals in place before I button her up.

Thanks,

Doug

I am putting headers on my engine and would like to get one of these. What is a good one to get?

Where do you get the gaskets? One of these came on my 318, but I don't know where to get the replacement gaskets for them.

Thanks

Steve

Thats a good Question.
Mancini Racing says that the gasket set is on backorder.

MOPAR - Oil Filter Adapter Set
To service P5249624
$7.95
MOPP5249320

In light of the Economy they don't know when Mopar will have some more.
If other venders don't have any on the shelf, We just might have to make our own for awhile.

that really sucks. Is there a way to bolt a regular filter on there in the interim?

Of course, I just took mine apart...

This site has once again been a life-saver. :)
I read a post similair to this about a month ago and somebody included a gasket diagram. My unit did not come with a gasket diagram - so, I checked my setup and sure enough I had the gaskets on wrong.
I had put the adaptor towards the firewall slightly down and was afraid of the firewall clearance whenever I do get around to finally putting my engine back in. Sounds like that will be OK. (No headers - HP manifolds)
Anyway - I got mine from Mancini and yes.... it took a looooong time to get. Everything was on backorder in November already.
I did notice on the adaptor that there was another hole that I had to put a plug into (which was not included in the kit). Is that normal..?
Thanks,

-
Back