340 exhaust manifold.

-

coronet69swede

Reaction score
Hi guys and Girls.
Do i need to have them mounted when i put the Engine back in my Dart?
I have this set up. Cant find anyway to put the left one in now when the Engine is in.
Is there any shorty.s that leave Moore room.

Johan
20160314_064440.jpg

They go in with the engine in. Tilt down back behind the tranny dipstick and come back up...... Now get back out there and git 'er done! :D

If you have them mounted to the engine, then the column needs to be removed from the steering box and pulled into the passenger compartment prior to setting the engine in place. If the engine is installed without the manifold, remove the steering column, install the manifold and reassemble the column

Puting the engine in from the bottom like the factory did with everything mounted saves a lot of time and headaches.

we put ours on after the engine was in. We had to lift it off the motor mounts about 1", push it to the pass side to weave the flange past the steering (PS car). Then put the pass side in next and go from below with the engine 1" off the mounts, push it to the driver's side to get the pass side manifold on...

I'm gonna try to install the next one with them on and just jog around the steering column. Or at least try to install with the driver's side already on and put the pass side on after the engine is almost in 1" off the mounts...

-
Back