340 full gasket kits??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a complete 340 gasket kit? I see a few sb ones, but they list either 318 or 273...
Thanks

Thanks Bobby, I'll chk it out. Obviously the intake and head gaskets are gonna be "different". Felpro offers different intake gaskets and head gaskets separately why in hell not offer a kit specific?
Thanks again!
OK fel- pro # fs 8553pt-10 On the package it says 318-340. Bobby

Lmao, yeah these days i don't know which way is up....
Still a ways to go on run stand.
I figured I would get "spares" and add to Summit order. How the fack can you use the same head or intake gasket (competently) between 318 and 340??:BangHead:
I thought you were ready to fire her up? Did you lose your wrist watch? :lol:

I've never seen a headgasket for a particular engine, I'm not saying that they are not available either

Some of the kits have both intake sets and exhaust sets included. Not sure about the head gaskets......I think all the ones I have are 4.1 inches in Diameter.

Yeah, I know that, what I'm getting at is how could any kit be for 318/340? Intake and head gaskets are both different between the 2 engines.
I guess order a 360 kit lol.
Some of the kits have both intake sets and exhaust sets included. Not sure about the head gaskets......I think all the ones I have are 4.1 inches in Diameter.

Steve, I think what's happened is, the gasket makers have reverted to the large port intake gaskets and the larger bore size head gaskets. All of them (except a couple) I've looked at since you've posted this come with only one set of intake gaskets. Those that came with two just appeared to have two different styles, but the port sizes appeared the same.

What I would do is buy the gaskets separately. It'll cost a little more, but that way, you can get for example the smallest possible bore size head gaskets that'll work for your 340 and the thinnest ones. That'll add a little more compression. You can also make sure you get the right port size intake gaskets. You used to be able to get specific gaskets for specific engines, but at some point the gasket companies decided to consolidate them.

-
Back