340 motor mount orientation

-

moparfanatic56

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before but what is the correct orientation for the motor mounts on a 340, picture 1 or picture 2 this for an a body.

IMG_20240507_140306_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240507_135843_HDR.jpg

Don't the mounting brackets go behind the ears on the driver's side, and in front of the ears on the passenger side. The photo also shows the passenger side behind the block ears

In 1st pic can you remove/flip the isolator? It looks like it's sticking way out beyond the bracket?
I am sure this has been asked before but what is the correct orientation for the motor mounts on a 340, picture 1 or picture 2 this for an a body.

View attachment 1716246747

View attachment 1716246748

Are you kidding me, do you happen to have a picture of the correct mount, I was told by the member that sold them to me they were a body 340 mounts

Last edited:
Look at the mount shape in post#7 (which is correct) compared to the picture of yours. I agree that there is something hinky (that's a technical term...) about yours compared to the NOS mounts that I have on the shelf.

When installing them. Always install the bolt with a flat washer on it through the block ear first then through the bracket with a Interference nut against the bracket and no washer on the bracket side. "Never use a lock washer". If you cannot find the original interference fit nut then use a top lock . Nylocks will get to hot in that area and will lose there plastic locking hold.

DSCN0973.JPG

DSCN0975.JPG

-
Back