340 oil filter relocation kit??

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm looking for a oil filter relocation kit for my Demon 340, Any suggestions on a good kit??

We did not kit it, but have a Canton remote filter adpater (PN 22-595) on the block and a typical chassis mount remote filter block on the frame like a Derale 25709; this style mount was used to get the hoses to come into the mount in the right way . We used NAPA oil nose hose and their field push on connections (which you can pull a tank with): removable hose ends at the Canton adapter, with hose end to pipe adapters into the adapter, and then hose to pipe thread ends at the mount. We drilled out the adapters a bit at the filter adapter for more flow. This was all done to due to tight header clearance, and liking cooler oil.

The red marks on the adapter are there to get the best oil flow in the adapter in and out of the block.
DSCN1907.JPG
DSCN1915.JPG
DSCN1909.JPG
DSCN1914.JPG

Last edited:
I bought a Mr Gasket one but I couldnt reccomend as a quality piece but it will do the job. Following on from this I am looking for an unobtusive spot to mount mine. Everywhere I have tried in engine bay just looks crappy. Any ideas on where to hide it.

I bought a Mr Gasket one but I couldnt reccomend as a quality piece but it will do the job. Following on from this I am looking for an unobtusive spot to mount mine. Everywhere I have tried in engine bay just looks crappy. Any ideas on where to hide it.

Not yet, depends on the length of the hoses. What don't you like about the Mr. Gasket?

Not yet, depends on the length of the hoses. What don't you like about the Mr. Gasket?

Just the asthetitics, Its just a rough cast aluminium piece (Like Pic Above) with rubber hoses and like I said it will work but not real nice . Since buying it I have seen some nice billet aluminium ones at the parts store I buy from and my brother bought a billet one for his challenger and it is just nicely finished unit. You get what you pay for and I wish I spent a little more on a good billet unit.

Just the asthetitics, Its just a rough cast aluminium piece (Like Pic Above) with rubber hoses and like I said it will work but not real nice . Since buying it I have seen some nice billet aluminium ones at the parts store I buy from and my brother bought a billet one for his challenger and it is just nicely finished unit. You get what you pay for and I wish I spent a little more on a good billet unit.

Do you know the make of the billet kit ?? Thanks!

Canton makes nice remote filter kits

-
Back