[SOLD] 340 race engine $3200

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going tonight to look. Should have something wrote down tonight around 8. As of yet i'm going to agree that they are not x heads. But i can't say for 100%

if i get the numbers and find that they for sure are not Xs however I don't think it should kill the value that much. They are 2.02 stainless valve heads and they are good enough to get this thing in low 12s

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing i would really like to clear up with this motor is that i am not the person to assemble it. This engine was machined by howard green in spokane wa who passed away last year and put together by a good friend. I bought it to put in my 69 dart but decided i wanted to go to a big block instead. It has a ton of money thrown in it. The major limiting factor was the heads, headers and carb. It only made 3 passes. 1st was around 12.50 then a little faster and the final pass 12.26 at 111. It still has more et in it. It was going through the traps at 6000 rpm which it should be higher. the cam was designed to peak at 7500 rpm. Meaning it needs more airflow to run the way it has potential to. this engine with some open chamber w2 heads i believe could dip into the 10s if set up right. I will have the info for the block codes and if the heads are indeed x heads tonight and will also have some pictures

Year of block is a 1970 june 30 casting. heads are not x heads but are 2.02 stainless valve heads that were ported heavily nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back