340 stalls out when @ 200 degrees

-

witteman

Test & Tuner
Reaction score
1968 Dart GTS 340.

I used to have an old carter on it and changed the carburator to a Demon. when that didn't work I also changed the intake manifold gaskets. so now I think it's ignition but the only thing I have done so far is change the ballest resistor, which didn't change anything. Has anyone else had this PROBLEM!!

fuel may be boiling in the bowls. You may have to block the heat risers from the heads to the intake manifold. Mine did a similar thing till I plugged those.
Good luck.

seems to me an electrical problem will kill the car instantly, where a fuel problem will make the car sputter like its out of gas. unless the coil is mounted somewhere it can get hot? my 2 cents

The demon carb has feul bowl windows, and they show ample feul! So next step I will be looking into the distributor & coil. Thanks SWEATBETTY

A new distributor did the trick! not really sure how it was affected by the heat but it sure was. Thanks everyone it was great to use this site and get some perspective.

What kind of distributor was it?,I hear the Mopar Performance distributors are not that good.I have a new one in my 360 and I think it acts up some time.

tn_IMG_0303.jpg

-
Back