340 stock manifold where can I put temp sensor?

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Installing Sniper EFI on my 68 barracuda with 340 and Stock 340 manifold. The temp. sensor hole up by the heater hose and thermostat, is very very small. the temp sensor for the sniper is a lot bigger. The manifold has a hole that is plugged that is behind the carb and in front of the distributor which is the perfect fit. Does the hole have water running through it? would this work? It's manifold 2531915-2 Thanks

That's a vacuum port.

Atm I feel running a single plane with the efi would yield better results.

Let us know how it works out.

You could drill a NPT hole in the timing cover water port. The covers are cheap enough that if you brick one you can just get another. single planes, dual planes. Probably a wash on functionality on a TBI. The atomization of an injector is much better that that of a carb. The multiple turns the dual plane offers can cause the fuel to 'fall out' of suspension but thats only during very low speed operation and even then its debateable that its any worse than a carbs performance (at nasty atomization idle) or an older Mopar TBI setups. Thats where intake heat works. single planes were the choice of MPFI as the injectors had a nice place to mount at the end of each runner that was on the same plane. Air-gap models have this ability as a dual plane.
Maybe this one would fit? Not sure what values the Holley are (most likely GM) but it could be an option. I read that the Holley ones are not that accurate anyway.
AEM 30-2012 - Temperature Sending Unit, Electric, 1/8 in NPT

Last edited:
^^The timing covers are VERY thin^^ I have a 71 340 manifold that I enlarged one hole and WOULD NOT do that again. I would use a stat spacer built for the job

Very cool...for 50 bucks
AR438c-Medium.jpg

I drill and tap a hole in the water jacket of the intake manifold just to the driver's side of the thermostat and mount the aftermarket temp sensors there....

-
Back