340 VIN on block

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
I finally pulled the 340 out of the parts car. I was hoping for a standard block, but after tearing it apart someone had already been in it. My question is there is nothing on the VIN pad on the bottom of the block its blank. Is this a common thing?

I have one also. Good chance it is a warranty block, and the mechanic was too lazy to stamp the VIN on, like they are supposed to. It doesn't have TA cast into it does it?

Its a 73 340 block. Where would the TA be cast into it at?

Big letters right on the side. You can't miss them. To tell the truth I don't know if they did warranty blocks using TA castings.

I have a 73 340 with no numbers on the pan rail too, I'll have to take a closer look at the casting numbers the next time I get out to it.

Notice another thing about the block. The lifter bores seem to have had some machine work around the tops. I need to take some pictures. Also looks like where the pushrods would run from the heads to the lifters the block has been machined. I will get some pictures later.

Notice another thing about the block. The lifter bores seem to have had some machine work around the tops. I need to take some pictures. Also looks like where the pushrods would run from the heads to the lifters the block has been machined. I will get some pictures later.

Maybe a roller was in it before? Is it a cast or steel crank engine?

-
Back