360 and a blower

-
I’d go with a 4 speed manual if at all possible
I like a manual transmission with a blower. It would work well with the 2.94 gears. If you run a low rear gear with a blower, a four speed (even a wide ratio) is a little crazy on anything the least bit traction challenged. It tends to run through first and second and halfway through third as fast as soon as you shift. But even with all the tire spin, it’ll flatten your eyeballs from the brute acceleration.

Sandwich an air to water intercooler between the tunnel Ram and spacer.
81E15430-9D26-4D68-B213-4CA1649B3FC2.jpeg

Don’t forget to add a nitrous plate system as well.
FC1728AE-3B7E-4E32-9C71-9A30FA0215A5.jpeg

Skip running water through the intercooler. Simply run nitrous oxide through it (as a chemical intercooler) and then feed the nitrous plate (in series) injecting a 250HP Shot. :steering:

Put a separate tank in for the n20 system and use e85 on it.

Sandwich an air to water intercooler between the tunnel Ram and spacer.
View attachment 1716026164
Don’t forget to add a nitrous plate system as well.
View attachment 1716026166
Skip running water through the intercooler. Simply run nitrous oxide through it (as a chemical intercooler) and then feed the nitrous plate (in series) injecting a 250HP Shot. :steering:
Yes, do all of that and don't forget the extra underwear and increased laundry bill. LMAO

Jack

Yeah, save the big power stuff for an aftermarket big block.

Even in the intended tune it’s still going to be a blast. 6-71 builds at any level aren’t what I would classify as docile. Like driving around with a 250 shot set to come on just past fast idle.

Yeah, there’s another member here with a ‘65 A with a 273/4-71 combination and he allows that it’s fun on the level of criminality.

Yeah, there’s another member here with a ‘65 A with a 273/4-71 combination and he allows that it’s fun on the level of criminality.
This idea is sounding better. I have the 4 speed pedal assembly and the floor hump from a 65. Also a bell housing, shifter, and 4 speed trans out of a 71 340 duster. I already put an 8 3/4 from the duster in my Barracuda years ago.

6-71 are fun, I have one to put on my 70 Challenger.

Double key the crankshaft.
I have a single key stock forged crank in mine at 9 lbs of boost. The only time I ran into trouble with it was when I switched my pulleys to get 12 lbs of boost. Although it was great for power the stock balancer didn't like it and broke due to the extra torque on it. Took out the timing cover as well. I don't know where the limit is on a cast crank but I wouldn't chance it, I would go with the double key.

Jack

We have 2 boosted small blocks. A 340 which has a worn out 6v-71 (a little shorter than a 6-71). Home ported iron heads, 8-1, [email protected]. .540/.560@110lca. The blower is adapted to a single 4 barrel intake. Ive had it blown since the mid 80's. In a 3880lb Volare it'll run 11.0@122 in street trim @12psi. Ran it with a stock block for years. Then had a chance to get a R3 block which is currently in it. How hard can you run a stock 360 block and crank? We had one turbocharged. Ran up to 22psi. Never hurt the block or crank. We did eventually melt one piston after about 8 years. It ran as quick as 9.55@142 3750lbs. The best tuning tip I can give is be conservative with timing. We run 21-30 total depending on boost.
Doug

RR 340.jpg

-
Back