360 horsepower guessing game

-
139.4 HP and 112.6 LB FT

WITH nitrous.

No idea on cam. Only know rough numbers. The engine builder and efi guys needed to rough input so they can help me set it up. I think I'm going to break it in on a trusty 750 and then after break in go to the EFI. Don't need to wipe a cam screwing with EFI.

Last edited:
No idea on cam. Only know rough numbers. The engine builder and efi guys needed to rough input so they can help me set it up. I think I'm going to break it in on a trusty 750 and then after break in go to the EFI. Don't need to wipe a cam screwing with EFI.

when will it be running???

It's going together now. Should have it on the dyno very soon. The Mopar community is such a great community. When people know what they are talking about , I try to shut up and listen. This is the first engine I've had some hands on doing. Eventually I will build one on my own. Should be good fun. I hope I can get 325 crank HP. 350 would be at the high end of the hope scale.

326 HP.. And I'm sticking to it!
All,

I think this is close myself. Stock heads and mani's even with big valves is going to hurt. I just saw Engine Masters latest show comparing a 360 vs 410 motor. The 360 with Eddy Heads, a 240/525 Cam 10-1 Compression, step headers made 422 hp @ WesTech.

Smog heads with 2.02 intakes cut in and no port or clean up work=as low as 201 cfm without a deep 70 throat cut, then the rest of the restrictive stuff... 315-330hp around 6k

Smog heads with 2.02 intakes cut in and no port or clean up work=as low as 201 cfm without a deep 70 throat cut, then the rest of the restrictive stuff... 315-330hp around 6k

Dyno numbers are hard to figure....
Summit sells a 383 chev stroker (ya I know) with a .480 / .230 cam,
2" intake valves etc and dynos 310 hp and 360 ft. lbs?

Last edited:
The machinist said he's not just going to cut the heads for 2.02. Said that's sort of a waste at this point. Said he will cut down below the seat as well as the 2.02's. for what that's worth.

Race season at the machine shop. I told him I'm ok with him not finishing it until he gets caught up. Plus it's race season for me too. So it works out for both of us. Should have it buttoned up in a month or so. Its not a favor but I completely understand building a $40k dirt late model engine vs a street 360. I know where his bread and butter come from.

Well here is a revived thread. I got the engine all up and running with a trip up and back the street. As soon as I get my brake issues solved it’s headed to get exhaust and to the chassis dyno. We will only have that to go by and try to figure HP after parasitical loss.

As soon as I figure out that 1 noisy lifter it’s off to the chassis dyno. Stay tuned. Sorta.

-
Back