Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Went through my motor and found that the cam bearings had spun and wiped the crank. I have a very tight budget and I really cant afford a new kit so I was wondering if anyone doing a stroker has their stock rotating assembly laying around? I need the pistons too.

you cant cut the crank ?

Rebuild kit is only $400. How much are you going to save on a used rotating assembly that your still going to need to by bearings and rings and gaskets for ?

I've got the rotating assembly from a 75 360 that I'm doing a stroker for. I've got the crank that's std/std, std pistons and stock rods along with the balancer. Used pistons may not be a good idea though. Like AdamR said though, cut the crank. You need to buy new bearings anyway.

Let me know if these parts will help.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Crank has already been cut .020 and rods are .010 thats why I'm looking around Looks like the cam bearings wiped the rest out And she appears to be .030 on the pistons too SO I might as well just buy a master rebuild kit.

That sounds like the way to go. The stuff that I have is all standard. Can I interest you in a nice 360/408 stroker with X heads?

Ken

I'd love to but it's not in the budget. How much is a stroker kit these days for the 360?

Depends if you want a cast or forged crank. I've been shopping around and you can get a cast crank kit, balanced for around 1450.00.

Forged will put you closer to the 2000.00 mark. At least that's what I'm seeing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back