360 magnum engine ...300 hp crate motor.

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bought this magnum engines years ago...it is a 300 hp factory crate motor that was disassembled. The guy had swapped out some parts, Replaced stock pistons with KB 362 pistons standard bore. Eagle SIR rods, stock crank plus the magnum heads with rockers ...roller lifters...oem roller cam...dog bones and spider. The intake manifold and valve covers had been sold off.

it was low mileage but i had it hot tanks...honed with new cam bearing installed...put new rings and bearing it in....It is externally balanced to except the LA 360 balancer and flexplate.has

Anyway this thing has been sitting for a few years...I had put the crank..rods and pistons in it years ago...and then went to put 380 hp cam in it....has correct part number on cam but the lift never matched what it was suppose to be...so..I picked up a comp hydraulic roller 224/230 ....110 ....

spend a hour degreeing in that cam today....1st try I was one tooth off...lol...got some crazy 90ish centerline...then dot to dot I got 110...with a 3 way crank gear I advance it 4 degrees and then got 103....too far advanced....swapped out timing chain set with a 9 position crank gear...dialed in two degrees advance and got it set at 108....i like that...

now i need to find the cam bolt that my grand daughter pickup and was walking around the garage with...

now what heads to use...and what to do with it.....LOL....
with this down time....getting things done...

20200507_164052_resized.jpg

20200507_164106_resized.jpg

I hear ya. For 14 years I had a never used Indy built 500'' short block sitting in my shop.Figured I'd sell it,did, then a year later acquired a 63 Belvedere that the engine would have been prefect for. Sorry I don't have use for a small block right now but if I did, I'd be knockin' on your door !

And this one too.....Have Milodon stock replacement oil pan for it.....tried to stock pick up tube...but it hits the baffle in the pan...had to order the milodon pickup tube...

So I bolted on the new water pump...something I could handle......

And this one too.....Have Milodon stock replacement oil pan for it.....tried to stock pick up tube...but it hits the baffle in the pan...had to order the milodon pickup tube...

So I bolted on the new water pump...something I could handle......
the milodons use their own specific pick ups
they are hard to find and their pans are JUNK
(the excuse is that the EPA won't let them test their welds with oil, so there is no real QC)

I would grab a 40 dollar jegs or summit pan before spending money on milodon

I already have the pan. Bought for a great price.

got the oil pick up on...oil pump on...and oil pan on....

everything wrapped up in a big plastic bag for now....

now to figure out what heads to use.....

-
Back