360 oil pan/ 71 dart

-

goatboy

Reaction score
I have a 1971 dart swinger that was a /6 and still has the /6 k member. I know I can get the motor mounts to work for it but when i was looking for an oil pan for my 360 i got a little stuck and need some help. Milodon makes a stock replacement that would switch the sump to the center, but it says 72 and up. Does anyone know if there is a difference from 71 and 72? I would hate to order this pan and end up with something I can't use. Thanks

A 71 cast 360 is most likely for the 1972 model year.

It should work fine.

the motor is not from a 71, the car is a 71. the motor is from an 85 2500, thats why i need another oil pan. sorry i should have mentioned that. thanks

As long as it's a center sump 360 pan you are good.

Like on mine does your rear sump hang about 2" lower than center link and is your center link about only a few inches away? sounds like we have the same issue close! if so and I get mine resolved I will let you know what I had to do

Welcome to the site dartguy! Very nice of you to help with this thread, but it's almost 3yrs old, so i doubt you'll get a response. Don't feel bad, we've all gotten caught not looking at the dates. :D

Like on mine does your rear sump hang about 2" lower than center link and is your center link about only a few inches away? sounds like we have the same issue close! if so and I get mine resolved I will let you know what I had to do

see your original thread

Welcome to the site dartguy! Very nice of you to help with this thread, but it's almost 3yrs old, so i doubt you'll get a response. Don't feel bad, we've all gotten caught not looking at the dates. :D

LOL

-
Back