360 Piston Help

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Bought a rebuilt motor with L2386 Speed Pro or Sealed Power federal Mogul pistons...

can someone give me some info on these pistons...like how much compression will they make with my 65 cc heads...?

thanks!!!

Was just hoping someone had the stats on this particular piston ...anybody?

This is based on if block was not ZERO deck'd 65cc heads with .039 gaskets....... if it was Zero Deck'd the compression would be 10.363

3.58/2+6.123+1.591= 9.504 at TDC, Mopar Deck 9.60-9.504= .096 in the hole if the block was not square decked.

Without Zero Deck compression would be 8.484

COMPRESSION RATIO CALCULATOR
Static and Dynamic Compression Ratio
(Considers Cam Timing and Rod Ratio)

ENTER YOUR DATA CALCULATED DATA
Cylinder Head Volume (cc) 65 Cylinder Head Vol (cubic in.) 3.965
Piston Head Volume (cc) 5 Piston Head Vol (cubic in.) 0.305
Gasket Thickness (in.) .039 Swept Volume (cubic in.) 44.988
Gasket Bore (in.) 4.180 T.D.C. Volume (cubic in.) 6.011
Cylinder Bore Diameter (in.) 4.0 Gasket Volume (cubic in.) 0.535
Deck Clearance (in.)Note: Neg. nubmer above deck, Pos. number below deck .096 Deck Volume (cubic in.) 1.206

STATIC COMPRESSION RATIO

Mad, keep in mind square decking is just to get the decks parallel to and equidistant from the crank centerline. The height could be any hieght really. I believe blueprint spec is 9.590 which is I think what you were getting at there.

Mad, keep in mind square decking is just to get the decks parallel to and equidistant from the crank centerline. The height could be any hieght really. I believe blueprint spec is 9.590 which is I think what you were getting at there.

Yes I understand...on the deck height I may be incorrect but thought it was 9.6 on Stock Deck height, I am sure there is room for variance though from Mother Mopar. I was giving the 2 heights so the OP would know to check it for himself and that any decking done on the block WILL affect the compression ratio.

I contacted Federal Mogul ... with my 65 cc heads and keeping the block and heads totally stock, standard gasket, 0.030 overbore, compression would be 8.98 ...

thanks to everyone that helped!

-
Back